Verified Reviewer

1.3

Original review updated by user Jan 06, 2021

The first mistake was that I booked it in October and no one could come out until mid December. Then there were problems with the order of the materials coming in.

First they said they were in when I called and someone would call and set up the install. No one called, so I called again, and then they said that all the materials werent in. I think they ended up selling my order and having to order it again. I had to call again.

Then when it was finally set up to install, they made mistakes, and now it is January and I'm still waiting for them to come out and fix the mistakes, but they keep ignoring phone calls or saying they'll call me back the next day but dont. The person who came out to my house and did the estimate on the amount of materials I needed had ordered way too much and the installer even commented on that fact. He ordered three times the amount of material I need in some cases. I also asked the estimator if this was a two-day job and he said no its a one-day job and it was not a one-day job.

Then I had the backsplash installed. I caught a huge mistake in that the top three rows were a completely off in terms of a subway running bond pattern. I asked the installer to fix it when he was outside on the phone smoking. He came in and said Wow, I got ahead of myself, and then removed them and fixed that part.

That was fine because mistakes happen, but there were other bad parts that he could have centered things better and cut around edges better. He at some point cut himself either on the saw or on the glass tiles and bled all over my kitchen and there was blood on most of the tiles and counter that he left that way overnight and said he was coming

back the next day (I wasnt in the kitchen when he said it). He didnt clean it up or tell me that he was too hurt to clean up or tell me about it at all, but he just left it that way. I ended up wiping all the blood off once I felt the thinset set because I was afraid he was going to grout right over the blood.

Then he messed up another section the next day and completely cut a tile way too short, and instead of fixing it, he filled it all in with caulk and because that one tile was cut too short the rest of the row did not match up with the rows below and he added an extra little filler piece. He also made a few other poor cuts and didnt fill in around the edge cuts or the outlets properly. I sent photos and pictures to Kristy Edgerton (Lowes Installation) to have it fixed and she totally agreed and noticed the mistakes and said she filled out the work order for it to be fixed.

But then she stopped answering emails and now 24 days after the install (and 2 1/2 months after setting it up), I had to talk to multiple people on the phone after leaving her messages and they had me on hold for a long time each time only to tell me that someone would be in touch the next day, but no one ever called any of the times. So I still have a messed up kitchen, and even though the installer wasted a lot of materials on fixing some of the mistakes, I have a ton of material left to return sitting in my garage while I still wait.

User's recommendation: Go somewhere they will respect the customer and not cut corners and fill them in with grout to hide the mistake.

Preferred solution: Partial Refund of at least $300 to have an outside installer come fix the mistakes or have a “Lowes” installer fix it immediately. .

Lowes Cons: No follow through on consumer complaints.

Location: 30547 Lyon Center Drive East, New Hudson, MI 48165