Hancock, New York

I purchased a washer and dryer in 12/06. I did not purchase the extended warrienty. It is now broke. I called the service center and the only number of the company that service's them can not get to me for 6 weeks. I called my local lowe's store vestal ny and I was informed that I had no other options. This is crazy. I did not think my washer would break in that little time. I paid a lot of money for this washer. If this is the kind of service that I am getting from purchasing appliances for your company I will not be doing it again.

Thanks

Sarah Geer

Comments

California, Pennsylvania, United States #17415

I couldn't agree with CC more. I work for Lowe's, and you would not beleive the customers who blame us, the employee's personally, when their out of warranty appliances break down!

Many of these issues are sheer customer ignorance such as installing said appliance themselves, doing their own hook-ups, overloading the washer, dropping it off the truck when they take it themselves, stuff like that, then it's OUR FAULT when it quits working. That is why the manufacturer's do not accept these items back after a certain amount of time, therefore, the store cannot give a refund on them as they will not be reimbursed by the manufacturer. The best bet, which is what we do, when this happens, is try to work with the customer AND the manufacturer rep and try to resolve the issue for all of us. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease, as they say.

Sometimes, though, sadly, they do dig in their heels, and the customer is then forced to purchase another brand, as they feel betrayed by that particular model.

Funny, but then they are all for the $59 delivery charge, which includes professional set-up by our delivery team!! :)

Clarin, Misamis Occidental, Philippines #16893

This is not the fault of Lowe's. The manufacturer is responsible for the products they make.

And most manufacturers only warranty their products for 12 months.

This tells you that they only guarantee it will work for 1 year. Try calling the people who made the washer and dryer and see what they can do for you.