Phoenix, Arizona

On Nov 21 I ordered a washer, dryer and ped. I got a call saying that they would deliver it in 2 weeks.

On Dec 7, I got a call 5 min. before the store closed telling me that they had the washer but no dryer. I asked when it would be in the said MAYBE the end of Jan. I had torn down shelves to make room with the taller machines.

They sold me something that they didn't have. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Cons: Did not have machine that i bought.

• Defrauding Customer

Comments

#1619737

They do not carry in store most of the appliances they sell, they order them from the manufacturer once they are sold. Some of them have to be shipped in from overseas which takes a while as ships move slowly and then the products have to go through customs when leaving or entering another country, not accounting for delays like weather conditions. If they stored every appliance that they sold in the store they would need one huuuuge building.

If it was going to take 2 weeks to deliver when you made the purchase it meant that they had to order it from the manufacturer. Normally it would deliver within.

2 weeks if the manufacturer had it in their warehouse. My guess is that you purchased either a LG or Samsung product. When their warehouses is the United States run out of an item they have to wait for it to come in from Korea. Unfortunately the stores ordering the products don't know it won't be coming till the truck gets there with the product marked as a backorder on their packing list.

Unfortunately the store has to give you the bad news. It really isn't their fault, it is the manufacturer who caused the delay and failed to inform the store as soon as they placed the order that the dryer was out of stock.