Vallejo, California

I really want to like Lowe's. There is one about 10 miles from my house.

Several experiences have really done it for me. I went there today, Vallejo, California. I am looking for kitchen countertops --- probably a $3,000-$4,000 job. A young woman was sitting in the kitchen department.

She was very busy on the computer. I asked if she would help me. She said reluctantly "okay." I explained what I was looking for. She said Lowe's has no samples for countertops.

I asked how people choose and she said most people just choosed based on what they see in the store. I said okay. And left. She did not try to save the deal by offering to guide me through the process etc.

She was just as happy that I left so she could go back to what she was doing. This is so typical of Lowe's. We went in not long ago to buy 4 ceiling fans and have Lowe's install them, the person who does this was not in today and no one offered to have them call us. I once owned Lowe's stock....

that was pretty incompetent too.

Home Depot immediately scheduled us for a kitchen consult and would supply samples. Here we go!

Comments

ransom

The funny thing is that if you read the reports about Home Depot, they sound exactly like the ones about Lowes, or Menards or any of the other home stores.