State: Illinois Clear all filters (97 of 4874 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

LOWES BOLINGBROOK

After I spent $10K there on appliances ,The Lowes in BolingBrook missed 4 delivery dates for my kitchen sink. I found management helpful at first and then incompetent in the end. Store Manager Jim also went back on his word for compensation for my losses. He refused to honor a $200.00 discount. I will never shop there or at any Lowes ever again!!!! The store manager Jim and Matt were also late at returning phone calls and condescending at times when dealing with our situation. I will now shop at Home Depot (the lesser evil) for all my housing needs

Yes this Lowes has terrible customer service even corporrate does not return phone calls

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

I work at Menards, and would be more than happy to see you in Menards

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Lowe's Wheelersburg Ohio

I am a former employee of this Lowe's. Working for them was a complete and total nightmare! No training, no pay, no one can afford the health insurance and most of all the HR department sucks! I simply requested a copy of my pay stubs for some legal stuff and no one there will help you and then they decide to lecture me on why I quit! Welcome to America A_HOLE. I have the right to quit any job I want. This store sucks and I would not recommend anyone work for this company unless you want to be under paid, over worked, and left to fend for yourself while there!

I don't know about working at Lowes in Wheelersburg, but I can tell you that ordering a new kitchen (cabinets and appliances) from that particular store is a nightmare. Two months and $7,000 after the start, the job still isn't done due to mistakes in measuring, mistakes in ordering, and an installation sales department that simply "isn't available" most of the time.

The former employee who posted the original complaint has at least one valid point--the staff doesn't seemed to be trained in their jobs at all. I suppose that if I had to buy a can of paint, I might consider going back to Lowes if I couldn't find it anywhere else, but I wouldnt' trust them with anything more complicated than that.

Well, Lowes knows comments 1 2 and 3 knows one thing here....He obviously is not smart enough to put a coherent sentence together! (probably had retailer 2 coming over and was all nervous...)

:zzz

:eek

Hey, retailer2, the word is spelled COUNSELING not counciling, pal. And my comments ARE ALL on the money, you've probably got an axe to grind, too. Join your buddy @ the door greeter station.

wow retailer4life--you are really hostile to anyone who complains about lowes--insulting to these folks-- who have a problem--perhaps you are being paid by lowes for these comments you make--in any instance get a life and perhaps some counciling on your demeaning manner--your time would be best spent helping others instead of bashing them--you sound like a mean little man.

Hey, go be a door greeter for Wal-Mart, ***! Sounds like you've got an axe to grind because you actually HAD TO WORK during your 8 hour shift!

All you guys do is complain while us guys do our jobs and yours too.

You're probably 20 years old and know everything, don't you? Well, you couldn't hook up my harness on the order picker without ******* it up, pal, remember that, kiddo!

@retailer4life

Wow! You guys talk like real professionals! How about you both go get a real job then argue some some more!

View more comments (8)
Review

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Did not get the service that I needed on a hot water heater

Back in march of 2004 I purchased a whirlpool hot water heater from you and in march of 2006 that hot water heater started leaking and the thermal couple had to be replace so I got a new hot water heater at no charge replace by your store but the installer insisted that I needed a valve installed which aia had to pay over $200 for.In june 5th 2008 thethermal couple went out on this hot water heater, I started calling the store the evening of the 5th going through several people during the day of the 6th getting no help finally late evening of the 6th I was told by the assistant manager a machanic would be out on the 7th which they got there about 10:00 am look at the heater and told me they could not work on the heater because of the manufactur's had their own mechanics to work on the heaters and left. I call the manufactur right away explain the situation the told me they didn't have techs. to work on the heater but they could reconmend someone but they would have no control over them meanwhile they would send me a thermal couple kit but it would be up to me to find someone to installed it. The bottom line is I got the kit june 10th 2008 found some to install it june 14th for $219 and I am not happy. In 4 years I have spent out the cost of a new hot water heater. I will never purchase another hot water heater heater again from your store again.

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

I'm sorry you think that Lowes manufactured the water heater, that Lowes knowingly put in bad parts, that Lowes then sold it to you to make your life miserable, but they did not. You got hold of a bad water heater that only Whirlpool can rectify.

Yes, we can work with you along with the manufacturer, in this case American Water heater, who manufactures these units for Whirlpool, but to blame Lowes, or any other retailer, be it Home Depot, Menards, or anyone else is ridiculous! That is akin to saying that because your child failed a grade in school, you are pulling him out and never sending him there again! Again, you need to direct your displeasure @ Whirlpool through their customer service reps, and yes, Lowes will work with you on that if given the chance, but ultimately, it is in Whirlpool's hands.

We face the same stumbling blocks you do, when we call those same manufacturer 800 customer numbers, none of us @ ANY retailer have a "magic" number to call that all of you customers seem to think we have when these issues arise. We have the SAME numbers to call that you do, and I know i speak for the vast majority of my fellow sales associates when I say we do try to make things right even when you think we don't, that's why I'm now on this site.

Loss

Lowes in Normal, Illinois - They sold the chairs I ordered!

Lowe's did not have 2 chaise lounge chairs in stock that matched the patio set I had just purchased on 5-31-08. They said they would be in on 6-13-08 and would call when I could pick them up. No call...so I went to the store on 6-15-08 to see if they were in. They had come in and sold them without calling me to tell me they were in!! I have a family reunion that I was needing them for on 6-21-08! Then they called to say they credited my credit card so I no longer have the merchandise to pick up! I was planning to purchase plants at Lowe's...but not now.

so why did you wait til a few weeks before the reunion to purchase the chairs?

OMG. Imagine the horrible inconvenience you have suffered.

If this is the trivial run of the mill suburban whining this site is about, I feel no need to go further.

Review

Lowes has worst delivery, customer service!

We purchased a refrigerator, dishwasher and range from Lowes and it took two months to have appliances that work. They showed up on a day we weren't expecting them then rudely rushed us through getting ready for the installation. The dishwasher didn't work, the range was a floor model that wasn't leveled, there was no manual, no broiler, had bad nicks, the burners did not work and it tipped forward! The installers never tested anything. Every time we called the store we got someone different who didn't know the story, passed it on to someone else, NEVER returned calls. We now have three appliances from three different stores. We will NEVER buy from Lowes again!

Tell me about it...

www.lowesceo.com

Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Missing Installer

I have lived a nightmare. It all started when my original contractor made a mistake with my shower stall. He installed the shower base and last, he "tried" to install the shower doors, they were too big. I lost $400 (could not return the stall, as the base was already installed) so I proceeded to order custom made doors at Lowes (cost $850). Lowes told me I should get them in 2 weeks, never happened. When they finally called me after numerous follow up calls, and 21 days later, it took 7 days to schedule with the installer. When the installer arrived with the doors, he discovered the hardware was missing, so he left. I was furious, I called Lowes which they sent someone to hand deliver the missing hardware but the installer was long gone. When I called the installer myself, he told me he could not come back until the following week....???? the doors are in the bathroom along with the hardware, yet the installer proceeded to put me at the bottom of his list. After begging him to do sooner, he agreed to come back in 2 days. Never happened. Never returned my calls, has not returned Lowes managers calls....now Lowes tells me they will do the best they can with another installer, but can't guarantee me the exact day. I'm at their mercy. I called their 1-800 number to complain and guess what? They transferred me back to the store. This shower stall has costs me over $1000, and over a month later, I still don't have any doors.....I am sick to my stomach with this as I have out of town visitors coming in 2 days, I will never shop at Lowes again or recommend to anyone. If they promise you anything, please ask them to put it in writing and sign it.

CXL your Lowes *** Card.the want to screw me over a $5.00 paint rebate. kiss my ***.

Situations like this can be frustrating. Your original contractor should have been involved with the purchase of all fixtures being installed.

This would have saved you time, headaches, and money. The good contractors insist on it.

One of the things I have learned the hard way, is never purchase anything and expect someone else to install it.

A true contractor will chose what gets installed, how, and how much. They also expect some markup in what gets installed.

Unfortunately subcontractors is just a fancy term to induce you into buying something you will regret later.

Lowes extended warrenty

Purchased as whirpool freezer at lowes with an extended warrenty. The freezer broke three times in 7 months.Lowes extended warrenty covers food loss of 250.00 per episode ,It took me 6 months to get my money and a whole lotta phone calls(13). I had to return the freezer(lemon) and I had to fight to get my extended warrenty purchased. Thank God that I am one of those people who saves all her reciepts!!! Thats how I got my money back. Beware of whirlpool freezer's there're lemons!!!I lose about 1500.00 worth of food

I am going through this same thing right now. My refrigerator went out, and after 3 weeks of trying to get them to repair it, they finally gave up and paid me the purchase price, but I am still trying to get the food loss issue taken care of.

I would never ever, ever, ever recommend Lowes, their warranty program, or a Samsung refrigerator to anyone as long as I live. It is a night mare, they are complete idiots, and this is taking way too long to get taken care of.

I am not surprised that someone else (you and others) are having this same issue.

22196 fr elec rng lgef3033kb (296229)

Keeping your receipt really does pay off.. as it says please obtain a copy of your receipt for future needs