State: Illinois Product: Lowes Credit Card Clear all filters (3 of 84 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Roselle, Illinois - Close account

I open up an account with lowes in April 17, 2019 made my payments on time didnt max my 3000 dollar limit. I got an alert from credit karma saying my account was closed. I call the card and they said my credit score went down well it was ip when ypu issued the card and yes it did go down because i applied for other loans that i was approved for and pay on time. What give lowes the right to review. My credit again without my permission

First of all, you didn't have an account with Lowes but an independent credit company. It's obvious that you didn't take time to read the credit agreement you signed when you opened the account.

If you had, you would be aware that it said that they will check your credit rating from time to time and adjust your limits as your credit changes. If your credit score goes up, they would,ld increase your limits. If your score goes down, so does your limit.

You obviously opened too many accounts and spent too much for them to be comfortable with. Blame yourself for taking on so much debt.

@Anonymous

Hey Anonymous - Wow - you sure have a bunch of assumptions and unhelpful 'thoughts' in your reaction. How about not being a complete *** But then again, you are trying to be helpful with your comment and this is the best you can muster.

@Anonymous

What assumptions are you talking about. Read any credit account agreement and you will find that you give the account holder the right to review your credit.

The post state that they opened other loans as well as the card and that their credit rating went down as a result.

It is obvious the the company that holds their Lowes account wasn't comfortable with the amount of credit that had been extended and closed the account. People need to take time and learn about using credit and proper borrowing habits.

I don’t agree.

View more comments (3)
Reason of review
Close account
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
1.1
One was via Discount Tire that I have had since 2013 the other a Lowes card since 2015. Both cards were paid up. The DT card carried a 0 balance as was always paid on time. The Lowes card while paid on time sometimes had a carry over balance but never more then $1500...

"Not only that but they just repeat the same thing without actually listening to what you are saying."Oh I'm sure they did listen to you hence them repeating the same thing over and over. I'm thinking it is you who didn't like what they had to say the first time forcing them to repeat it.Other than worthless discounts(in the long run) why would anyone with a choice use one of these store cards?If your credit is decent and you have a positive cash flow, get a real credit card and avoid the nonsense.

Review
#1209440 Review #1209440 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Credit Card
Pros
  • No interest payment plan
  • Ease of credit
Cons
  • Insufficient explanations
  • Horrible policies
  • Lack of respect for the customer
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Tags
  • Discount Tire Credit Card

Lowes in La Harpe, Illinois - We bought electric water heater due to a factory defective heating element and told too bad our loss

I am an elderly man with a disabled wife. I bought an electric heater to replace my existing gas water heater on Nov 1 2013 at Lowes in Burlington, IA. After wiring it up we waited 2 days for it to heat. Nothing. We had an electrician friend come who checked out the electrical and said he couldn't see anything wrong. After 1 1/2 weeks of waiting for hot water, we called our local electric company thinking it was electric problem. To our surprize it was the electric water heater itself. After having found the factory defective heater element we were charged $175 to have the heater fixed. We went to the Burlington Store and was told there was nothing they would do for us. Even the store manager was rude and high and mighty attitude. We only asked if they could pay the $175 for the fix but they laughed at me. Please help with this matter. I am a Pastor and do not appreciate the bad representation of the Lowes company. I will not buy at Lowes again unless this matter is attended to.
#741947

Umm...What?

So You buy a water heater and wait 2 days for it to heat up without taking action? You then call an electrician who finds nothing wrong, and then wait another 1 and a half weeks for hot water?

Lowes has a 30 day no question asked return policy. They most likely would have delivered a new Water Heater to you the next day and picked the defective one up. Did you not think to call Lowes before you paid to come have someone fix your current water heater?

Did you not think to contact the Manufacturer of the water heater to take advantage of their 6+ year warranty process before just blindly paying out of pocket for a repair? The manufacturer would most likely have told you to take the product back to lowes for an even exchange or a full refund.

So after bypassing any logical action that any reasonable person would have taken you expect Lowes to pay for your repair when you ignored all basic defective product procedures.

Loss
Tags
  • Electric Water heaters

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111