State: Illinois Product: Lowes Manager Clear all filters (10 of 293 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - BAD... BAD EXPERIENCE!!!

2.4
We bought Faucet from LOWE'S, and PAID $435. It leaks and motion sensor does not work. I went to LOWE'S, ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS and the customer service told me that LOWE'S CANNOT HELP ME, they sent me to their Kitchen Department, which was not helpful, they already knew why I was sent to them and they told me the same WE CANNOT HELP YOU, YOU HAVE TO DEAL YOURSELF WITH MOEN. I have small kids and my kitchen is shout down, we had to close water because of faucet's leaking, so we also cannot use our dishwasher and refrigerator's water filter. LOWE'S manager told me the same!!!!!!! she also told me that MOEN IS CLOSED DURING WEEKENDS SO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MONDAY TO CONTACT THEM THAN EVEN LONGER TO SEE IF THEY CAN HELP!!! FEW DAYS OR MAYBE WEEK OR 2 WEEKS WITH 2 KIDS AND NO WATER!!! Are you kidding me, we bought for more than $15,000 from LOWE'S to renovate our kitchen and now LOWE'S DOES NOT WANT TO HELP ME!!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM LOWE'S any expensive items because LOWE'S IS NOT ABLE or DOES NOT WANT TO HELP YOU IF YOUR FAUCET DOES NOT WORK EVEN if YOU PAID $435 for one faucet!!!!! AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE I WILL NOT BUY ANY MORE FROM LOWE'S!!!!

Doesn't make sense that you shut all the water off. Most faucets have a valve underneath the sink to shut off the water.

They are correct though. You have to contact moen for a replacement.

Since it was the weekend you could have bought a cheap replacement faucet to stick in until moen is contacted. On the other hand, why would anyone buy a 400$ faucet...

How old is the faucet? If you just bought it, take it back for an exchange.

If you have had it awhile it is correct that you would deal with the manufacturer for warranty parts or replacement. For some reason consumers have the odd idea that stores are responsible for the warranty on items. THEY ARE NOT. It is the manufacturer that is responsible for any warranty on an item you purchase.

If you would bother reading the warranty that came with the faucet, you would know that. It doesn't matter if you bought the faucet from Lowes, Home Depot or any other retail store. THE STORE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WARRANTY.

Yes it may be an inconvenience to use another faucet in the house until it is fixed but life isn't always easy. Call Moen on Monday and I think you will find they will do a good job of taking care of you as long as you can provide the information the need to process a warranty claim.

Please Stop Shouting in all caps.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Warranty service and store customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Bad Warranty

Lowes in Orland Park, Illinois - Defective dishwasher delivered and refused to re install my old dishwasher

Just left Lowes store after being yelled at by store manager Craig Krusinger for me not agreeing to let them bring another dishwasher since the one they just delivered was leaking down both sides of the door and because I complained of horrible customer service and would never buy another appliance from them. I asked them to return my old dishwasher the way they found it and Craig told me to get a plumber and bring them the bill. Horrible people! The install person wanted to put my dishwasher back the way it was and hook it back up but Lowes would not allow him too!! Heads up NEVER buy any appliances at Lowes!
Lowes Manager
Pros
  • Install person
Cons
  • Store manager craig kusinger

Lowes in Bloomington, Illinois - Return counter mgr has a IQ of 12

1.9
Bought 3K worth of roofing materials. The guy at the contractors counter had never worked a construction job in his life. Most of the material was over shipped or under shipped, he told me that I didn't need starter strip to do a roof. That is not the problem, I just took back material we did not use and was told it had already been returned.Wow, I must have a credit on my account right??? No, my account was never credited and I still have the material. I think you have to have an IQ of 12 or below to be a mgr at Lowes. Back to Menards!!!
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Appliances From LOWES NEVER AGAIN

2.8
Appliance Nightmare From LOWES Orland Park My wife and I decided to replace our appliances, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and gas range. We visited the Lowes store on LaGrange Rd. in Orland Park, Illinois. Day one - October 24th 2015 We picked out all our Samsung appliances and were told by the sales person that the refrigerator was on back order and wouldn’t be available for 2 weeks. That was fine, we where prepared to wait so that all 4 appliances would be delivered together. Several days before our due delivery, I received a call from the store telling me that the refrigerator was a very popular item and wouldn’t be available for another month. Of course my wife and I were extremely disappointed. I asked the salesperson if he could send me a similar refrigerator to which he replied sure we have nearly the same but an upgrade. Wow, it was on sale my faith in Lowes was revived until the delivery date. Delivery date – Saturday - November 7th 2015 My wife called me while I was at work informing me that the microwave was not on the order and was not part of the delivery. The refrigerator, which was to tall for the required space was put back on the truck due to the space being ¼ inch to short and the stove was in place. Approximately 30 minutes after the drivers left, my wife was wiping the stove down and removing all tape and upon opening the oven realized this was not the convection oven that was ordered. After confirming with the store manager the model number on the stove, it was noted that the stove had a wrong model number attached to it. Since we were installing the dishwasher ourselves, that was left boxed in our kitchen. Sunday - November 8th 2015 We met with the Manager (Craig) and a very helpful sales person (Joe Susso), who kindly upgraded our microwave and dishwasher for all the trouble we had endured. my wife and I drove back home, loaded the dishwasher not yet installed and returned to the store. After spending an hour at the store pointing out yet again our chosen appliances, we were assured that our appliances except the dishwasher, which I decided to take with, would all be delivered on the following day. Great everything was ready to go. My wife and I left the store excited and extremely happy. Monday – November 9th 2015 1230pm It’s the delivery of my new appliances, A very nice delivery driver Francisco exclaimed I have your order Mr. Ryan , one gas range one microwave. Francisco were is my refrigerator? Sorry, he said, this is what I have. Filled with more disappointment, I called Lowes and spoke yet to another manager who told me that they didn’t have a refrigerator for me. I explained the situation from my visit to the store on Sunday had he agreed to investigate. After several minutes waiting on the phone, the manager returned and said I’m so sorry Mr. Ryan I’m standing here at the store with my hand on your refrigerator, and not to worry. I will bring it myself. I’ll be there soon! My attention turned to Francisco who needed my signature as I looked at the gas range I realized Lowe’s had sent me the wrong one, yet again. Minutes later, my refrigerator arrived with one of the store managers who was very apologetic that this happened. At that moment, the manager was told that the wrong gas range had been delivered. He was speechless, how this could happen so many times to one customer. The manager turned and told me somehow he would deliver the right gas range to my home that day, which he did. I finally received all the items I had paid for. For my wife and I, we are totally exhausted with the whole Lowes experience and would highly recommend that the corporate office at Lowes takes steps to improve communication and follow through, checking each delivery before it leaves the store.
Lowes Manager
Pros
  • Finally receiving my appliances
Cons
  • Poor follow through with orders
Tags
  • worst delivery

Lowes - Manager Review from Chicago, Illinois

2.4
I am a card holder at lowes on 6920 state ave in Wyandotte, kS and I have had some good employees helping me when you finally fine help after walking around looking for somebody. And some are very rude employees. They'll tell you they're about to take there break. And the cashiers can be so rude. The young girl in returns and I had a yelling match at each other. She was still there the last time I was there. Do they know there are people who want a job. If they don't like there job they need to leave. who's over this store. They need a manager who's not going to take employees being rude. Something bad is going to happen at this store if they don't get it under control. I keep watching the news. I don't shop there any more. This store will go out of business, b/c people will stop coming. This is how we as customers in the Dot (Wyandotte) do businesses like these. We stop coming. We will shut them down. Just watch....
Poor customer service

Drop 3k in 15min. then lowes forgets u as ur walking out.

We Bought a washer and dryer at lowes in rockford Illinois.No problem buying it for three thousand dollars in 15 min.After 9 Rockford store calls asking for a manager in 3 weeks still have no washer and not ever been able to talk to a manager.3 grand in less than 15min. and they basically say f u.We used to shop there and drop 10k annually a year easy.You could not drag me in there just out of principle now.just got dropped off and now doesn't work.Called store and got assistant manager and he said he couldn't help.

It's good that you won't be shopping there any more. What kind of washer/dryer costs $3K? You need to learn how to shop.

Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Unwilling to help

Lowes - Hiring Discrimination

I applied and interviewed for a full time and a part time seasonal lumber department position. I am a qualified adult with 10 years in the construction business AND 2 years working in a Central Hardware lumber department. I have EXCELLENT customer service and communication skills yet when I interviewed for these positions I was told that they had to wait til 2 other qualified applicants were available for them to interview before they could make a decision. I mean, THERE I was AVAILABLE, QUALIFIED, and practically BEGGING for a job with them. That was a week and a half ago. Today I get an email telling me that they have decided to choose others for the position. WHAT????? For BOTH of these positions they are going to tell ME that someone else is MORE qualified. IM SORRY BUT I DONT BELIEVE THEM. NOT ONE SECOND. I have to tell you. When I went to that store in Granite City, IL for that interview, the woman, Toni, had NO personality whatsoever. I mean, she looked like some plastic robot with some horrible makeup on and an even more horrible hairstyle that was very unbecoming of a woman her age. She immediately started with her scripted interviewing as if she had memorized every line and every word. I mean, it was unbelievable. Talk about ridiculous. She read off the list of qualifications so fast that my head spun. Then she read off a list of things associated with the job such as dress code, etc etc quickly again. Then she says to me 'any questions?'. THEN she immediately proceeds to a list of situation questions in which you are suppose to remember things that happened to you during former employment situations. I mean, its just ridiculous. So, she quickly would read off a scenario and then ask like 5 additional questions and then you are suppose to stop your head from spinning and come up with some response for her all while she is looking at you with NO expression and a blank face like some robotoid. I mean, there was NO human element to this woman OR the interview whatsoever for them to tell what kind of a person I was or anything. THEN after I responded to all her questions to the best of my ability, and I have to say I truly believe I did give some good responses. I mean, heck, Ive worked in construction for the last 10 years PLUS 2 years of hardware/lumber experience. THEN she passed me onto an assistant manager and again he gives me the very same treatment. In a very hurried fashion he breezes thru a series of situation questions almost identical to what the woman asked me. I mean, again, NO human element to this interview. No, sit down and talking or just feeling out someones personality or anything. Its the stupidest way of conducting an interview I have EVER seen or been through. AND they wanna send me and email and tell me that I am not qualified to work for their store in which they are only gonna pay be minimum wage! PLEASE. You have to be kidding. Do they know how needy I am of a job right now where there just aren't many jobs offered in this area? The recession is NOT over by a long shot as the democrats would have you to believe. Unemployment is much higher than they are telling us! Did they talk to me and find out that I have a family to feed? NO. Did they talk to me and find out that I have a mortgage payment that is overdue? NO. Did they even bother to ask me if I am a Christian man and have good morals and standards? NO. Would I want to work for a place like this? To be very honest. NO. Not after this! And I will NEVER shop there again either. I honestly hope that store eventually goes out of business. I AM qualified enough to be offered a job there and yet they most likely have chosen to give this job or these jobs to kids with little or no experience that honestly don't have mortgage payments and need the employment quite as badly. . THIS is just a horrible thing for Lowes knowing how they discriminate against qualified people like myself. I would seriously like to know WHY these 2 uneducated people at Lowes would deem someone like myself not worthy to be offered a job?

Worked in HR, we only hire those dumb and naive enough to work for low pay, we don't want those to rise from the bottom to the top, only those who will be content with staying at the ground level.

You have such a big head they should use you for a float, seriously someone was better than you, as sad as it sounds it is true.

Mike_mn

Discrimination! Wow.

You didn't get the job YOU wanted... so it must be discrimination.

Let's see... you called them liers, claimed your more qualified than anyone else they will interview, insulted the interviewer, and claim that your better because your a Christian! Hummmm....

Me thinks there are a few skeletons in your closet!

Because a person needs a job to pay bills and feed their family, does NOT entitle them to the job. If that were he case, everyone would have a job.

Nor does the fact that you feel your qualified due to your experience in construction - which you most likely are. Or, that your a decent Christian.

That's discrimination in reverse.

Like many posters have already stated, there are more issues involved here. Attitude is a main factor in any interview.

Swallow your pride, play the game, follow the script, and tell them 'what they want to hear'.

The questions of whether you have a family to feed, mortgage to pay or what religion you are have no place in an interview. asking these questions can lead to charges of discrimination and they won't be brought up by anyone who knows anything about interviewing.

Just because you worked in construction doesn't mean you have the skills needed to sell their products. The reason they asked fast paced questions was to see how you handled the situation. Retail customers often throw one question after another and you need to be able to think fast in order to keep the sales process moving.

If others could handle their questions better than you could, they are the ones who deserved the job regardless of their age, appearance or religion. Lowes did the right thing.

If you feel the need to put others down, make others look bad to make yourself look good obviously you have poor skills, face it you are not the best, the other two are better than you, you are not as good as you think you are, and for someone who is supposed to be an adult you act like a nine year old child just because someone is better qualified than you are. I like how you claim discrimination when you discriminate against Toni based on how she is dressed.

You say you don't want to work for this place, but I think you really do, I think it is a sour grapes thing. You say you don't want to work for this place to make yourself feel better. I am sure the other people interviewed gave better answers than you, or perhaps they did not have an attitude problem the way you did. Clearly you were not hired and you are handling this in an immature fashion.

Perhaps if you acted more like an adult and less like a nine year old you would have had the job. Get off your high horse and learn that there are people better than you, you are not as good as you think

If you took the same attitude to the interview that you had when writing your post, no wonder you did not get the job. So they had others scheduled to interview!

Why would you think they would cancel other candidates' interviews to hire you?! Why would you think that you were the most qualified of anyone? What would make you think that? You know your skills and experience, but you don't know anyone else's.

Face it. They had better applicants. And, the questions you wondered why they didn't ask you, well buddy, you must be cr*zy.

No one is going to ask an applicant about their financial situation, what bills they owe and whether they are a Christian. You don't get many interviews, is what it sounds like to me.

Plus what the previous responder said there was absolutely no reason for you to ridicule the interviewer the way that you did. Your attitude towards her probably showed and that could be a major reason that you weren't hired. The people that do the interviewing usually work in the personal/human resources offices, which means they are somebody that you have to get along with.

They probably figured your ego would take up too much space. I am quite sure that your attitude showed and they were trying to be kind by saying they had to interview more people. You won't get very far until you grow up a bit.

View more comments (7)

Lowes in Naperville, Illinois - Final given

I was given a final for only being late three times in two months. Then for not pushing the MyLowes card program according to their criteria, I was fired. And now, I can't get unemployment! Too much favoritism going on. Corporate doen't care they defend their managers and to them if you can't make them money they don't want to know about you. As the store manager repeatedly says in the meetings " you are not important, you are replaceable." Many employees have left because management treats them like ***. How can a company like Lowes allow this to happen. We bust our behinds to make them money.

You should have worked for my store. We love it when employees are late.

Customers get to stand around with the thumbs up their rears. Employee morale has really gone up since we instituted being late for everything.

What an ***, i hate Lowes...my god! Late 3x's and you are the victim?

I'm glad you don't work or don't work for me. Take responsibility for your actions.

Lowes treats employees like ***. They discriminate against the older ones and do whatever they can to terminate them!

If, or when they do terminate you, they make up lies so you can't get unemployment. Horrible company!

#741944

Cry More....

Lowes follows a very strict procedure when terminating an Employee. You are only giving half the story as there were obviously two other write-ups that you don't mention.

Most likely you were a garbage employee and you are right. They probably wanted you gone ASAP.

Look in the mirror and stop blaming Lowes for failing at life.

I fully understand. I left Lowes and work for Home Depot with better pay and better treatment.

If Lowes management don't like you, they will do everything they can to get you out. Too much racial slurs and foul language. I had to leave.

I have a pending lawsuit against them for the racial stuff. Watch out who you have trust with cause it can be used against you.

Late 3 times in 2 months is awful. I've never been late at my place of employment.

Being late time and time again is a sign of real commitment.

I placed college football and if you were not 5 minutes early for a meeting or practice you were considered late. If you think it's acceptable be late when others are counting on you then you HAVE A LOT TO LEARN IN LIFE.

Being late once a year is all I would tolerate if I were your boss.

View more comments (5)

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Lowe's internet fraudulant ad

I purchased a ride on lawnmower online from Lowe's. I thought they were reputable, and the advertised price was wrong. The store and co refused to honor the price and acted like I was trying to scam THEM. Well I am going to consumer complaints 6to see if they can help or not. I have really never made a large purchase from the or anyone before. The store manager in Martinsville Va directed me to customer care, who told me he had to make good on the price, he claims the co themselves refused to honor the price. Well, no more Lowe's ordering.

I too purchased a riding lawn mower via online and they contacted me to say that they would not honor the online price. I would be interested in learning if consumers have any recourse against Lowe's to make them honor online transactions.

Loss

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28656
United States
Phone:
(800) 445-6937
All Lowes Contacts

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - If this *** swears at my wife again I will beat his ***

My wife works at a lowes and her manager swears at her. She is afraid to lose her job if she complains because the others that have also have been fired. She busts her butt. She comes in early works on her days off help other departments and she has to deal with this *** talking like that to her. Stay Woody If I see you on the street I will beat the *** out of you. I promise. I have personally boycotted shopping there as a result of this practice of firing the good employees and hiring bad management. Demoralize me I dare you.

forget talking to HR and managent there. Call corporate office immediately and speak to the Regional HR. Then you will see something done

bigling97

Lowes HR Department, you are a ***. My mother taught me that if I have nothing relevant to say then to not say anything.

Apparently your mother was at the bar taking it in all 3 of her holes instead of teaching you a lifes lesson. So sorry you missed it but if you would like to get in line I can teach you a few lessons like how to stop excessive bleeding from your mouth.

Lowes HR. Take a good look in the mirror when you talk about inbreeding.

Lowes has collective destroyed more lives than the Nazi's did in WW2. You clearly are the Lowes SS department.

View more comments (2)
Review
#220306 Review #220306 is a subjective opinion of poster.