State: Illinois City: Springfield Clear all filters (4 of 4844 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

LOWES in Homestead Fl.100%disabled vet.REFUSED ANY PHYSICAL help to transport 85lds.A/C

I am a 100% DISABLED OFFICER WITH A SEVERE SPINAL CORD INJURY. MY 3MON. OLD 85LBS. DANBY 11K, $430.00 A/C unit SUDDENLY STARTED BANGING/SHAKING at 2 am. a BURNING SMELL DEVELOPED ! I UNPLUGGED IT. LOWES IN HOMESTEAD FL. RUDELY REFUSED ANY SPECIAL HELP LIFTING, MOVING, RETURNING, OR RAPIDLY REPLACING THE NEW-DEFECTIVE UNIT. I CAN NOT LIFT OVER 10 LBS !! I HAVE SURGICAL PARTS IMPLANTED IN MY SPINE ! (PLS. READ MEDICAL REMARKS BELOW). LOWES WAS NOT EVEN POLITE IN IGNORING MY REQUESTS FOR SPECIAL HELP, LOWES BEHAVED SHAME-FULLY AND UN PROFESSIONALLY, AFTER 5 TRANSFERRED PHONE NUMBERS LATER. LOWES CORPORATE SENT ME TO THE "EXTENDED SERVICE" COMPANY . I CAN'T USE THIS POLICY BECAUSE IT ISN'T OVER TWO YEARS YET ! DON'T BUY THIS PLAN THE MONEY IS NOT REFUNDABLE !!... I EXPLAINED THAT IF IT BECOMES TOO HOT IN MY MIAMI MOBILE HOME, MY HEART GOES INTO S.V.T. (SUPER FAST RATE,OVER 200 BPM.S). I WAS TRANSFERRED TO "DENBY A/C SERVICE" NEXT... NOW, I WAS RESPECTFUL AND POLITE I EXPLAINED I WAS DISABLED LINE OF DUTY, MY CIRCUMSTANCES MEANT NOTHING TO LOWES, I DON'T UNDERSTAND PEOPLE LIKE "THIS" NOW SO FAR, 1. LOWES REFUSED TO JUST "EXCHANGE" THE UNIT. 2. LOWES REFUSED TO CREDIT IT TOWARD A DIFFERENT A/C. UNIT. 3. WILL NOT REFUND THE CASH, SO I CAN REPLACE IT BEFORE IT BECOMES TOO HOT 4. A SERVICE SUB-CONTRACTOR WILL CALL ME WITHIN TWO WEEKS, TO MAKE APPOINTMENT TO COME VERIFY IT IS BROKEN ?. 5. 1ST. SERVICE PERSON WILL SET-UP A "HOME-REPAIR" APPOINTMENT, AFTER EVALUATING WHAT MUST BE FIXED. REPAIR PERSON WILL RESPOND WITHIN 2 WEEKS TO REPAIR THE A/C UNIT AT MY HOME. 6. IF SECOND REPAIR PERSON CERTIFIES THE UNIT IS BEYOND REPAIR, IT CAN THEN BE RETURNED !!! 7. IF I CAN SOME HOW CARRY THIS HUGE UNIT TO LOWES IN HOMESTEAD FL ??. IT IS UP TO THE FIRST MANAGER WHO REFUSED TO HELP ME AT ALL, IN THE FIRST PLACE TO DECIDE IF THEY WILL HONOR, 1. THE STORES GOODWILL AND GOOD NAME POLICY, 2. THE LOWES 91 DAY EXCHANGE/REFUND POLICY , 3. THE DANBY 1YR. POLICY AGREEMENT. 4. LOWES ALREADY REFUSED TO CREDIT/RETURN THE 2YR. $35.00 EXTENDED POLICY (DONT BUY A EXTENDED POLICE UNTIL YOU HAVE A PRODUCT 11MOS. OLD !!). IF YOU HAVE BEEN SHOT-UP PROTECTING YOUR COUNTRY DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM LOWES IN HOMESTEAD FL. THAT WEIGHS OVER 10 POUNDS !. DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING THAT MIGHT BREAK AFTER IT LEAVES THE STORE. DON'T EXPECT TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER A SECOND TIME, ABOUT THE SAME SUBJECT, EVER. (COULDN'T REMEMBER THE NAME AFTER THE MORASS OF UNPROFESSIONAL DOUBLE TALK). THIS A/C UNIT COST OVER 1/2 MY MONTHLY CHECK. I WAS POLITE, I ALMOST BEGGED AT SEVERAL POINTS IN ABOUT 8 CALLS. I DON'T HAVE THE 1ST. APPOINTMENT YET. THIS IS A HORRIBLE WAY TO TREAT ANYONE. IT IS SO DEPRESSING TO BE THIS DISABLED, TO BE IGNORED AND TREATED THIS BADLY. DO YOU KNOW HOW HOT A TRAILER GETS IN MIAMI, WHEN THERE IS NO WIND ? MEDICAL FACTS I SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO EXPLAIN... I have ARTIFICIAL PIECES IN MY SPINE AND AN SURGICALLY IMPLANTED COMPUTER TO BLOCK PAIN IMPULSES, THERE ARE ELECTRICAL "LEADS" GOING UP AND DOWN MY SPINE. I CAN NOT LIFT OVER 10LBS. I HAVE HEART TROUBLE WHEN ITS HOT I MAY HAVE TO BE IN THE HOSPITAL TO RESTORE RATE.

I work for lowes and we do special pick ups for customers that are unable to bring product back for people such as your self. usually we send our lowes delivery team out to pick up the unit for you and bring you out a new one.

the fact that it was purchased 3 months ago means its still within our 90 day return policy. Generally on merchandise purchased recently we can recieve credit from our vendors. I want to apologize to you for the way the store in florida is handeling your situation. it does not make sense to me.

If you have a reciept they shoud be able to take it back and swap it out for a new one for you.

I hope that sense you posted this they have been able to resolve your issue. Thank you for your servie sir.

How did you get the A/C unit into your mobile home in the first place? Why can't you have a friend or neighbor help you bring the unit back to Lowes?

I'm sorry you got hurt protecting our country and thank you for it. Sorry I don't feel you should get any special treatment from a national store, local companies would have treated you alot better.

This is what happens when you go with bigger name places. You turn into just another customer not family...

NcoClub

I am a disabled vet. First of all, stop using all caps!

It is considered rude and most will just not read your OP when using it. Second of all, sorry to say but no company should give you special consideration because you are a disabled vet.

You are a sorry individual for even bringing any of that up. Man up, and if you have a legal beef fight it!!

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Springfield, Illinois - Lowe's Bourbonnais, IL

I wandered through the store not sure where to start on my painting project. Not only was I approached several times by employees offering to help but when I got to the right department I was met by a smiling woman who knew exactly what I needed. I obtained the paint and painting equipment I needed as well as a lot of good sound advise on how to go about my project from start to finish. Four days later and I am loving the results. The Valspar Granite paint is the best and I have a whole new fireplace. Thank you Lowe's

Lowes in Springfield, Illinois - Lowe's Fencing and installation is horrible

2 years ago I had Lowe's install a pvc fence. They would not let me have a picture of the drawing. They only ordered for 3 sides because one side was my neighbors wood fence and we told them several times we were not tying onto theirs-ours was all white. The installation job was terrible and the workmen had a criminal record-he told me so! and he threatened me when I became dissatisfied with the deep holes in my yard. Lowe's would not make it right and the installation was the WORST! do not shop at Lowe's.

I work in the tax industry, yes employeers receive tax credit for hiring ex-felons, cash welfare, adfc, and vets. It is the governments way of turning that "ex" into a productive person in society and making tax money off of them rather than paying for their benifits or reoccuring crimes. MANY employeers will choose to hire a person just for this credit, which is pretty large. In my experience, grocery store take the most advantage of the ex offender credit because they tend to get just enough work hours completed to qualify for the credit before they quit or are fired.

Get an edication before you post ignorant comments.

As for the fencing, you need to file the incident with the Better Business Bureau. They will open a claim and most businesses will handle the matter quickly because they dont want a negative report on their business file.

Sorry for your poor experience, our Lowes has done work at my business and home and has gret themselves and their contracted partners have been very professional.

Hey HomeDumpedOn, are you slow or something? No retailer gets tax credits for hiring ex-cons.

Besides, these installers are just what you said, 3rd party contractors, not employees. Fine to blog on line, but at least pretend to be intelligent.

It's probably lowest bidder work by mandate or competition.And you the customer must do everything you can to make sure the CONTRACTORS are doing their job.

But it is the person the contractors are sub contracting for ie Lowes and Home Depot that need to control them even more than the customer.

The contractor wants to get the job done as quickly and cheaply as possible because their work is frequently fixed bid work with no add ons.And in order to get paid many of these contractors will tell their employer ie Lowes and Home Depot the work is done so they can get paid.

Even more troubling is that many of these sub contractors use sub sub contractors.Imagine the pay or time pressures if the contractor is the 3rd or 4th line to get paid.You the customer pays Lowes,Lowes pays the contractor,the contractor pays a contractor.Everybody wants their cut and to make a profit.

I don't know what Lowes policy is on criminal backgrounds but unless the crime applies to their work or is something like a child predator most won't worry.Many companies get tax credit for hiring ex-felons along with many other minorities including vets.

Stay after them,report them(Lowes and the contractor) to your local municipality ie permit check if you have to.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes has worst delivery, customer service!

We purchased a refrigerator, dishwasher and range from Lowes and it took two months to have appliances that work. They showed up on a day we weren't expecting them then rudely rushed us through getting ready for the installation. The dishwasher didn't work, the range was a floor model that wasn't leveled, there was no manual, no broiler, had bad nicks, the burners did not work and it tipped forward! The installers never tested anything. Every time we called the store we got someone different who didn't know the story, passed it on to someone else, NEVER returned calls. We now have three appliances from three different stores. We will NEVER buy from Lowes again!

Tell me about it...

www.lowesceo.com

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

View more comments (1)
Loss

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111