2.3
Ease of Use

Purchased my items before noon on a Tuesday for a Sunday install. I paid the $50 overnight shipping to get items on Wednesday so I had time to inspect and prep them.

Wednesday - no items and no shipping email. Call "customer care" on Thursday morning - items haven't even been processed yet. I specifically told the rep that I needed them Sunday for the install - I was told they would be to me by Friday. I said, well you are two days late, refund my $50 overnight shipping.

Agent did that and assured me items would go out that day overnight shipping. Finally go my shipping email later in the day - with a ship date of Friday for half the order (the other half is now not in stock). The estimated arrival is now Tuesday next week for half the order via standard delivery. I call "customer care" at dinnertime Thursday and to ask what is going on.

"Customer care" says I originally selected standard delivery. I said absolutely not - I paid $50 shipping for express. I made them pull the invoice - now they said I changed the shipping. I said absolutely not!

Next answer, items were coming from Florida (I'm in NY) and items were too far away for overnight shipping. They said they will contact the store to see if they can drop it off at FedEX with overnight shipping since they missed the pickup. The store did. I get the revised shipping email on Friday - yep they got it out standard shipping - estimated earliest arrival Tuesday.

In summary: 1) Ordered items on Tuesday with expedited shipping for a Sunday job. Estimated delivery date Wednesday. 2) Saturday - not one item made it. New estimated estimated delivery for Tuesday.

3) Half of the order hasn't even shipped yet! 4) Can't cancel the order since it is in progress. I will have to return when it arrives. 5) Charge is made to my company credit card (with payment holds for unshipped merchandise).

6) I know have to run around to 3 towns to grab one here and one there from other competitors. SO SAD - INVENTORY MANAGEMENT NOT ACCURATE, CANNOT FILL SHIPPING ESTIMATES BUT HAPPY TO TAKE EXTRA MONEY ANYWAY, CUSTOMER SERVICE INCOMPETENT AT BEST, LIARS AT WORST.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Express Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Cons: Delivery promises not met, Poor customer service.

Comments