Faulty Installation | Lowes in Terre Haute, Indiana

2.8
I had a custom patio door installed seven years ago by Lowes. I thought everything was ok with the door until a gust of wind pushed the door- frame and all- into my kitchen. I have video on my phone showing the door was never secured to the house! No nails or screws were holding the door in! The only thing holding the door in place was the trim on the exterior and the interior of the house. I went to Lowes to complain and was brushed off by the store manager. I sent in a sales receipt (which was very faded since they used disappearing ink in their registers), and even showed the store managers the video and they would not do anything about it. As a result, my floor (which I just had installed two years ago) around the door is damaged due to all of the water that poured in when the door blew in. Lowes would not do anything. The whole issue would have been avoided if the door had been properly installed. Will not purchase anything from Lowes ever again!
ramjet

Seven years ago and you're complaining now? Good luck.

Review
#820012 Review #820012 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

2.7
Lowes - Installation Review from Indianapolis, Indiana
My wife and I just paid lowes 10000 dollars to have siding and gutters installed well the contractor said when they would start so my wife stayed home from work well they never showed two days in a row. Called and called. Well finally get them there and they ran out of special order siding. They ordered it it came in 2 weeks later and I contacted the contractor and he promised a certain day so my wife stayed home again and she waited and waited no show again. The siding has been *** I could have done this bad for free. Needless to say I think lowes needs to redo this. They put nails through the wiring for my doorbell and my flood lights. I've got caulk smeared all over my grey siding. Bits pitiful still trying to resolve this.

You could have contacted your state's Business and Professional Regulations to check the contractor's history. This will tell you how many complaints, or out-of-compliance issues this contractor may have had lodged about him. Few people realize that checking a contractor on your state's website for BPR will give you a picture of how well, or badly, this contractor has done.

Okay so them not calling you and leaving you hang several times is very unprofessional. On the other hands Lowe's installations are based on %100 satisfaction Guaranteed , so if the workmanship was not to your liking they usually accomadate to a reasonable extent.

I'd threaten to sue get twenty grand from a judge for bad work you don't use nails on the sideing they just allowed water ice whatever behind that siding. I can't believe that corner area my girlfriends five year old could have done a better job I know I will never hire them they sub contract iddiots with no school in the trade. And on top of that if your not right there under him watching they cut corners literly should sue call lawyer get them scared they will redo all the work over

View more comments (2)
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Installation of door by Lowe's hardware. | Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana

I ordered a patio door and storm door at Lowe's. The vendor took 6 weeks to complete the order not 2 1/2 weeks as I was told. The men at the desk consistently ignored me when I tried to get an update on the status of my order. They insisted they could not do anything about the vendor. The installer didn't match the floor molding, insisted I get a new hardware for the patio door instead of transferring the old hardware, did not complete the job in 1 day as promised, and did not finish the storm door installation for 2 months. Because the installer insisted I get new hardware, I now have hardware that does not match the hardware on the doors in the house. This cost me an additional 60 plus dollars. I had already spent over 1500 dollars on the doors and installation fees. Lowe's reimbursed me for the installation costs after I went in and complained about the installer who had not shown to complete the installation twice as he had agreed. Today I got a call as I was trying to leave for work 2-3 months later stating they would reduce my refund. The ordering process was time consuming and cumbersome. I would not describe the computer programs they utilize as user friendly. They do not have any information about all the different styles and materials for patio doors so that a customer can make decisions before they start the order with the computer.

:) Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with Lowe's.

Please all consumers if you are told delivery is 2 1/2 weeks and your product hasn't arrived.

Contact the Store Manager.

Sincerely,

Ray

Certified Installer Mill works

110% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Brighton, Co 80601

Lowes Terre Haute Indiana incompetent ordering and installation

I ordered an exterior door with 'professional' installation. They ordered the wrong door, the installer (Ron Grub) arrived late, unprepared, and left early with job unfinished for first install appt. Was a no-show no-call for the second appt. Forgot parts on the third install appt, and was late for the fourth (and I hope final) install appt. I've called Lowes for assistance in getting the install completed and they've been of little help. Since I had to pay up front for the whole thing I guess there was no incentive. I will never do business with the Terre Haute Lowes again. If you find that you have to and they refer you to Ron Grub as a 'professional' installer, get a prescription for valium because you'll need it.

yes, as a Lowe's man, I do have to say that virtually all of our installers fall into this category. I know there are indeed a few good ones out there, but they are indeed few and far between.

And sadly, this is not just a Lowe's problem.

You see, Lowe's, Home depot, and all the others contract out for their installation services, and unfortunately, if these guys were the "cream of the crop", so to speak, they would not have to do install jobs for ANY of the big blue or orange box stores, they would have PLENTY of individual jobs lined up if only from word of mouth. I know as a Lowe's person myself, I would have second thoughts about any of these guys coming into my home, and if you use them, do not be afraid to ask for their credentials when you greet them at your door, you might be surprised what you're told by them.

Lowes Reviews