State: Indiana City: Terre Haute Product: Lowes Installation Clear all filters (2 of 211 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Terre Haute, Indiana - Faulty Installation

2.8
I had a custom patio door installed seven years ago by Lowes. I thought everything was ok with the door until a gust of wind pushed the door- frame and all- into my kitchen. I have video on my phone showing the door was never secured to the house! No nails or screws were holding the door in! The only thing holding the door in place was the trim on the exterior and the interior of the house. I went to Lowes to complain and was brushed off by the store manager. I sent in a sales receipt (which was very faded since they used disappearing ink in their registers), and even showed the store managers the video and they would not do anything about it. As a result, my floor (which I just had installed two years ago) around the door is damaged due to all of the water that poured in when the door blew in. Lowes would not do anything. The whole issue would have been avoided if the door had been properly installed. Will not purchase anything from Lowes ever again!
Hasini

Seven years ago and you're complaining now? Good luck.

Review
#820012 Review #820012 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Lowes Installation
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Lowes Terre Haute Indiana incompetent ordering and installation

I ordered an exterior door with 'professional' installation. They ordered the wrong door, the installer (Ron Grub) arrived late, unprepared, and left early with job unfinished for first install appt. Was a no-show no-call for the second appt. Forgot parts on the third install appt, and was late for the fourth (and I hope final) install appt. I've called Lowes for assistance in getting the install completed and they've been of little help. Since I had to pay up front for the whole thing I guess there was no incentive. I will never do business with the Terre Haute Lowes again. If you find that you have to and they refer you to Ron Grub as a 'professional' installer, get a prescription for valium because you'll need it.

yes, as a Lowe's man, I do have to say that virtually all of our installers fall into this category. I know there are indeed a few good ones out there, but they are indeed few and far between.

And sadly, this is not just a Lowe's problem.

You see, Lowe's, Home depot, and all the others contract out for their installation services, and unfortunately, if these guys were the "cream of the crop", so to speak, they would not have to do install jobs for ANY of the big blue or orange box stores, they would have PLENTY of individual jobs lined up if only from word of mouth. I know as a Lowe's person myself, I would have second thoughts about any of these guys coming into my home, and if you use them, do not be afraid to ask for their credentials when you greet them at your door, you might be surprised what you're told by them.

Review