I bought a new GE washer and dryer less than 5 years ago. I've had to call a service repair man at least 4 times for the washer and once for the dryer.

It seems the knobs on the boards stop working, making it impossible to turn on the machines. This has cost me hundreds in repairs. I also purchased a Kohl's toilet which has clogged, the handle is hard to flush and the seat cracked. What's going on with their products.

Warrantees expired and GE charges $100. To walk in the door. I'm done with GE and Lowes. I was not given any customer service options and when I went to replace the broken toilet seat I had to buy one that was not the exact model.

It doesn't fit properly and slides all over the bowl. I'm very dissatisfied with the store and the manufacturers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Washer And Dryer Combination.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I was told from a knowledgeable appliance repairman that the best washers and dryers are made by Speed Queen. Also, when Maytag was sold to Whirlpool, many of their engineers left and some went to work for Speed Queen.

It's not "their products." GE is a horrible company and multiple stores have started to disallow their products. Kohler is usually a quality product, but charges ridiculous for something that you can now get from other major product lines at a more reasonable price.

Keep in mind that most electronic components on appliances of almost every brand are now made in China. It's not a bad idea to buy a service plan on expensive appliances anymore.