2700 Skypark Dr, Torrance, CA 90505
Resolved
1.6

Update by user Aug 11

Not resolved. One Bali cellular shade remains on back order.

Had to make additional calls 8/9. Original order was 6/9. I am supposed to get a call back from Lowe's on Monday 8/11 with status of shade.

Do not order Bali products! Recommend that Lowe's stop offering Bali window coverings.

Original review posted by user Jul 12

The initial Detail appointment, in home measurement of our windows for the 4 custom blinds and ordering of the items on 6/9 went OK. The sale price for Bali was also OK & ordering at the store from sample books was also acceptable.

It is the install/delivery of the items that is the problem now and disappointing. I am paying extra ($99 for the install of the blinds and $48 to haul away items) for what I thought would be a professional and excellent experience. I would have been better off going with a company that just does blinds & offers in home appts.

Bali verticals got delivered to installer ahead of the cellular shade. At first, I was told by the sales person at the Lowes store (when I called in to check on my order at end of June) that the cellular shade was on back order and the Installer would hold my blinds until the 4th item got delivered.

I would have to wait until all items were at the installer's location for the installer to call me to set a one time delivery & install appt. That was not acceptable - it was already going to be 3 to 4 weeks wait & order had been paid in full. After some additional follow up calls, I reached Install Sales who helped communicate with installer & it was agreed that the 3 vertical blinds would be installed on 7/8 and a separate appt would be made for the back ordered item later. The 4 week wait was acceptable, but the order was incomplete I then was told at the install appt that one of my patio door sliding doors per the installer is not "square", so about 5 of the vertical vanes will be 3/4 in shorter on the right side.

He wanted to make sure the headrail and top of the blind was even. I was not told anything about this "uneven" window at time of measurement. I might have made different plans. I do not recall my old vertical he took down and hauled away having that issue.

So, now I have to settle & am stuck with a custom installed blind that I thought was measured correctly to fit the opening, looking like it was made wrong.

It stands out as vertical blind is white. There is nothing that can be done?

The biggest issue is the remaining Back Order. I was told today 7/12 by a Lowes employee in Install Sales that Bali has a material hold/QC issue with the cellular shade I ordered. It is now rescheduled to ship to installer on 8/2 and delivered to their location on 8/5.

Then, the install appt will be made - probably another week to wait.

The customer when dealing with a big box store like Lowes for an Install appt has to make too many phone calls to find out that a custom item is delayed a second time & has no control -They have your money & order is not complete. There is also no way to track my remaining item myself. The Lowes employees are pleasant if you can reach them. I got no answer when I did make some of the follow p calls.

I got disconnected another time.

I am ready to ask to cancel this item and get a refund! Warning - do not order Bali Custom window coverings at Lowes unless you have at least 2 months to wait for your order and also lots of time to make phone calls to chase down your order if there is a back order.

Also, question the installer & ask if the windows are "square" or even at time of measurement.... Turning out to be a very disappointing experience.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Blinds Installation.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Lowes Pros: Location and hours.

Lowes Cons: Phone system.

Comments

Blinds are the least of your problems. If your sliding door is 3/4" out of square it isn't sealing properly. You should look into having your patio door removed and properly installed.

AngryGreyReefShark565
@Anonymous

The Installer (who works as independent contractor for Lowes) never told me the window in this room was uneven when he measured. If I had known there would be a problem with the fit, I would have waited!

In fact, he ordered the same width and height for this vertical as other patio door in the room used as an office, The windows are not the same!! As for replacing the window- it is an old door and would need to be replaced. The cost of the patio door installed can be up to $2000. That is a major expense.

It is not part of the window covering order issue I have now. At this point, Lowes will need to do something about the order for the cellular shade that was ordered and paid for on June 9 and has not been made or delivered/installed yet.