I will never do anymore business with Lowes. We purchased a garage door opener and the installer cancelled 5 minutes before he was to arrive.

When he came on 12/2/2016, the first thing he said was that the springs were wrong and I could have looked on Google on how the opened is supposed to work. I called Lowes, asked to speak to a manager and based on the conversation he had no apology regarding the situation. We will never do business with Lowes again based on this experience.

Apparently customer service is not something you want to be great at. i know you probably will will not do anything regarding this, but as a large company, you should know that customer service is not something that is a priority to you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Garage Door Opener Installation.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Lowes Cons: Installer or conversation with management.

Comments

You really don't explain your complaint very well. The first thing the instructions for installing an opener tell you is to make sure the springs for the door are properly adjusted.

I expect yours were not and you didn't think you should have had to pay to have them adjusted. You should be able to lift the door fairly easily, open it half way and let go of the door. The door should neither go up or down when you let go if the springs are adjusted properly. The springs are there to do most of the work of opening the door.

If the springs are not adjusted properly the gears on the opener will wear out rather quickly. My guess is this information is what he was telling you that you could find on the internet.

My guess is you bought an opener because your door was getting hard to open due to poorly adjusted springs. The installer was doing you a favor telling you about your spring problem as properly adjusting the springs would extend the life of the opener.