Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

I went to Lowe's yesterday with one specific item I needed, plus I was going to use the balance on my gift card to buy tools.

Before leaving home, I checked on line to make sure they had the item I needed in stock and it showed several in stock at the store I use.

When I got to the store, I spent about 15 minutes trying to find the item I needed but had no luck in locating it.

I found an employee and he tried to find the item, then stated they were out of them. When I complained that the on line inventory showed they

had several in stock he laughed and said that you can never go by that.

Seems to me that it would be fairly easy to keep an accurate inventory by tracking sales.

Went to Home Depot and found a whole shelf stocked with what I needed.

I guess I will re gift my gift cards as I have no desire to shop at Lowe's

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

#1232001

The only inventory you can trust is calling the store and having someone go see what is on the shelf. There are too many ways inventory can be off.

Keep in mind that the information in the computer is only as accurate as what the HUMANS entering information enter. HUMANS are known from time to time to make a mistake. The wrong quantity being received may have been entered as well as the quantity being sold.

And of course there are shoplifters and the computers can't keep track of theft until product is noticed missing and new counts are entered by a HUMAN. Sure, it sounds easy to keep track of inventory but most people aren't a perfect as you seem to be and make mistakes, whether they be data entry or breaking the law and taking product off the shelf without paying for it.