1053 NJ-70, Manchester Township, NJ 08759, USA
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

In 69 years of life, I've never ever experienced customer service (if I dare to call it that) as poor as Lowe's. This branch was in Manchester, N.

J. They sold me a refrigerator they didn't have in stock and weren't able to get for two weeks. I decided to deal with the inconvenience, but that was only the beginning. Long, long, long, long story short, I ended up screaming like a little boy at the general manager, assistant manager, appliance department manager and the delivery manager.

No doubt I've lost a year of my life. Every one of them dropped the ball and would never return a call. Complete and total apathy. Nothing but lies and false promises from all of them.

After suffering without a refrigerator for almost three weeks, they had me by more short hairs. I had to settle for a unit I didn't want and didn't initially purchase and never got so much as an apology from anyone. This is only the gist of a nightmare. I ended up with a (dented fridge), scratched door jams, scratched door casings and a chipped wall inside my house.

At that point, I turned to the delivery (boys) and told them to leave the fridge and I would install it and hook up the ice maker. Just get the *** out of my house! Stay away from Lowe's. Talk around and you'll find a lot of pissed off people.

I am now a Home Depot customer and find them far more helpful, responsible and pleasant.

Do as you please! It's your journey.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Manager.

Reason of review: All of the above.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Cons: Read my review.

Comments

Home depot is no better. Read all about it at pissedconsumer.com.

@Anonymous

Disagree. While there's no doubt that Home Depot fails at times, Home Depot has the business structure to actively deal with and address their failures.

From phone systems to call center infrastructure to training to a well crafted desire to create a positive customer experience, Home Depot has Lowe's beat hands down. Everyone (and every firm) makes mistakes and bad decisions. Everyone (and every firm) has a bad day or two. Nobody is perfect.

It is how those failures are addressed that makes the difference. Lowe's hasn't gotten there (yet?).

Pissed off customer, then and now!