1.3

If you are thinking of having a kitchen remodeled by the Sunrise, FL Lowe's store here are several reasons why you should look elsewhere. We signed a contract 2/12/15. We were promised that the job would take 6 to 8 weeks after issuance of the building permit. Probably faster because we would have returned to our home in Rhode Island and wouldn't interfere with the contractor. The building permit was issued 3/13/15. I was promised that I would be kept informed of the progress of the remodel. Of the seven phone calls made to Amie in installment sales by my wife and I, she never answered a one and never called us with information. Ten and a half weeks after the issuance of the permit I flew to Florida. When I got to my condo I found the sliding glass door wide open and the air conditioning in the full on position running full blast. The kitchen was less than 50% complete. Nobody at the store had an explanation and then said they were having trouble with getting their vetted contractor to return their calls.

At that time we wrote to the CEO of Lowe's who assigned our case to a Lorraine in executive customer service. In June we found out that the original contractor had been fired. The new contractor told us he had taken over 7 jobs plus had several of his own so it would take a while to finish. The end of August we received an email from Lorraine telling us that the kitchen would be ready for a walk through on September 8th when I flew to Florida. When I arrived I found the new stove and refrigerator sitting in my living room along with uninstalled molding, and our old dishwasher that was supposed to have been taken away months ago. No cabinet hardware had been installed. The cabinets had been installed lower that they were supposed to be. The bottom cabinet molding on the upper cabinets is lower than the top of the kitchen faucet. We'll have to live with it or it might be Christmas before it was fixed. It is been seven months since we signed the contract. I complained to the store manager. The contractor arrived the next day and installed the stove and refrigerator. When I left for home on 9/11 two men were working in the kitchen and promised to have everything on my punch list accomplished by the end of the day. I hope they do as it would be the first time Lowes has kept a promise.

But they didn't, I arrived in November to find the old dishwasher in my living room. I had to sign to reapply for the building permit as Lowes had allowed it to expire.

My list of additional screw-ups is too long. They are incompetent and from the store manager to Amie and Craig who made all the false promises should be dismissed, but they are still there so stay away.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Manager.

Reason of review: renovation took 9 months.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Final results after 9 months.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 19, 2015.

Comments

Horrible. Same disaster for me.

We are having some of the same issues. Would NOT recommend Lowes for any upgrades.