1.8

Bought a $400 electric KOBALT mower and it broke just a few days after the their cheap 30 day warranty. 30 days, really?

They burned us on this one but I will take the rest of my home renovation and large item purchases to their competitors. If you products aren't worth lasting more than 30 days then quit ripping the consumer off. If you have to buy...pay more and more to get an extended warranty then again you are just ripping the consumer off.

DON'T BUY YOUR BIGGER ITEMS LIKE WASHERS, DRYERS, REFRIG'S AND MOWERS FROM LOWES. IT'S A RIP OFF AND I CAN PROMISE YOU...YOU WILL BE PISSED.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 15, 2014.

Comments

This no hassle warranty is a lie. I took my 19 inch Kobalt mower back to the store after being told to do so by the kobalt customer rep after describing my (known, un recalled) issue and they fed me the line of this "hassle free" warranty.

Got to the store, the manager came out and said all mowers are 30 days "unused" or its store discretion to take them back. He said they dont take these back and literally opened the sliding door and pointed to it! Dumbfounded, and with my "extended warranty" and paperwork in hand I walked out of the store and put my $400 mower into the trash can along with the warranty paperwork.

Both werent worth the materials they were made of. NEVER AGAIN LOWES BUH BYE YOU WONT FOOL ME AGAIN

San Antonio, Texas, United States #871480

Kobalt mowers have a 5 year no hassle warranty. Just take it back to Lowe's and they will refund your money.

On another note, the 19" mower does have a problem where the springs supporting the battery are too large (read - not springy enough) and cause the battery to become disengaged as the mower is used.

Lowe's has not commented on this issue or issued a recall. Not sure what's up with that?

You'd be making the same complaint if the mower had a 2 year warranty and broke after 25 months. You know or can find out what the warranty is before you make the purchase.

It's easy to read reviews on-line to see what experience others have had with the product. If you don't like what you see, don't buy it.

Don't know that I would buy a product with a 30 day guarantee. My guess is the warranty is actually longer and you need to have it serviced after 30 days rather than just exchanging it.