Atlanta, Georgia
7.4K views 53 comments

The store in referance is located in Macon Georgia.On eisenhowser parkway.

I have spent thousands of dollars with lowes,I BUY AND REBUILD HOUSES,I HAVE ALWAYS PURCHASED all that was avalabe at lowes,including tools.

I have purchsed several Kobalt knives that has broken. Everytime that i would take one back to be warranty i would be told that i would have to replace it with the same style of tool.I have yet to have one replaced under warranty.today March 11 2010 was the last time that i tried.So i left all of the pieces of the knife all the way down the floor of the store.

It is not the consumers fault if lowes n o longer carries the same style of knife.Kobalt is only sold by lowes to my knowledge.Therefore the tool should be replced with the closest style in store.

if lowes cares about customers that has been a loyal customer since 1984 i would like to see this problem resolved.Otherwise i will start shopping at other places that are more customer oriented.

Just to let to whomever this concerns.That the check out person that i use the most name is ANGLE at the contractor end of store.She is always polite and professional.

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

rustyrench
Saint Paul, Oregon, United States #1302669

kobalt tools warranty is a joke.went to lowes got a run around called kobalt.

the person answerd the phone for lowes customer service. sears snap on matco and the rest warranty out the tools hassle free.

I my self will not buy tools from lowes no matter the brand.they can not warranty what they sell why give them money.

lol left it all over the floor of the store.Way to be a child.

Im glad they turned you down.

Also who complains about a utility knife?Are you seriously that poor?

to Anonymous Richmond, Virginia, United States #1251975

Your a child calling him poor because lowes did not honor a promise. It says " hassle free guarentee." you sound like a piece of ***

to Anonymous #1253120

If this joker has "broken" several knives he is abusing them.Warranties cover manufacturing defects, not abuse by the consumer.

It's amazing how many people try to return tape measures that they have torn the end off of.This isn't a defect, it is pure and simple abuse by the consumer and not something any sensible person would expect to be covered under warranty.

Same experience here, just attempted to exchange a screwdriver, they have it in stock, but I was told they do not honor the warranty and I would have to deal directly with Kobalt. I pointed out the warranty on the back of their package and was again told, we do not honor that here.

Guess I can spend my companies money for shop supplies and tools elsewhere.

I just had the same experience with a caulk gun that the handle broke.It clearlt states on the side of the tool "LIFETIME HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE" however the customer service people insisted i have a receipt, and continually question whether I bought it at Lowes.

Kobalt is sold exclusively at Lowes-apparently the associate and the manager are unaware of this...

It was not worth my time to haggle over something thst could be replaced for $7, so i asked if this was a "hassle-free" guarantee?The manager actually said, "I guess not." Their commitment to customer service is quite lacking.

Wrexham, Wales, United Kingdom #989607

Lifetime warranties do not cover abuses or misuses ......only defects from the production of the tools by the manufacturer..... Its not implied that it covers idiots using them (primitive peers we called them).

Kilmarnock, Scotland, United Kingdom #989594

If you say you forgot your id your either a crook or an *** as your always supposed to have it .....how did you get to the store ??hmmm a vehicle which requires a license to drive and that which is in your wallet.....did you forget that too......I say your a crook because even at Lowes you may not be bright enough to bring it but you also operated a vehicle without it .....case closed

Kill ur self
to Anonymous Dallas, Texas, United States #1066334

Ur a dumb *** u didnt even answer the mans question, how old are u 12.. Before callin the man a thief look at the facts, the information he provided, ... Home depot does not require ID or receipt just the broken tool and its replaced with one of the same or greater value

Tennessee, United States #989590

When will people who complain learn to spell words correctly ......ignorant