Atlanta, Georgia
9.4K views

The store in referance is located in Macon Georgia.On eisenhowser parkway.

I have spent thousands of dollars with lowes,I BUY AND REBUILD HOUSES,I HAVE ALWAYS PURCHASED all that was avalabe at lowes,including tools.

I have purchsed several Kobalt knives that has broken. Everytime that i would take one back to be warranty i would be told that i would have to replace it with the same style of tool.I have yet to have one replaced under warranty.today March 11 2010 was the last time that i tried.So i left all of the pieces of the knife all the way down the floor of the store.

It is not the consumers fault if lowes n o longer carries the same style of knife.Kobalt is only sold by lowes to my knowledge.Therefore the tool should be replced with the closest style in store.

if lowes cares about customers that has been a loyal customer since 1984 i would like to see this problem resolved.Otherwise i will start shopping at other places that are more customer oriented.

Just to let to whomever this concerns.That the check out person that i use the most name is ANGLE at the contractor end of store.She is always polite and professional.

Comments

@Anonymous

Actually idiot, as a Sheriff and an Attorney its not against the law to not carry an ID. Nowhere in this country do you have to have ID.

In most cases I as a Sheriff can not even demand an ID. I may request but not demand.

99% of the time a citizen does not have to show ID to anyone!!!!! INSTEAD OF PLAYING KNOW IT ALL PQ CITIZEN, KNOW THE FACTS!!!

I will not buy any more kobalt tools, because of there return tool policy, I used to buy a lot of tools from Lowes, every tool I took back to lowes I had to show my licences and sign a paper,I work in maintenance, I took tools back to Sears, tractor supply, And harbor freight, I got the new tool with no problem, I walk in with the broken tool found the new tool they scan the package and I walk out of the stores in less than 5 min., I just can not believe that Harbor freight has a better return tool policy then lowes, I keep buying tools from other places now,

@Skeeter53

Actually I work for sears and we do not warranty tools for life anymore ,so idk when you did that but we no longer do.

@Skeeter53

Why are you so hard on tools?

Craig Burch,

Did you call Kobalt? Did you call corporate?

No you just left pieces of a knife on the floor for kids to get hurt on. Great one you don't sound at all smart so I am sure you did not contact anyone after you left your knife pieces on the floor.

You were right when you said it is not the consumers fault if Lowe's does not carry that type of item anymore but it is also not Lowe's fault if Kobalt stops making that item. Think for a minute before you do *** stuff like leaving pieces of a knife lay around.

#819827

Knife pieces all over the floor? That's great, dickweed.

Some little kid walking through with his dad is going to pick that up and cut himself. You, Sir, are a ***.

Leaving the tools on the floor sounds pretty immature. Maybe next time you should contact the manufacturer like an adult, and not blame everything on the store, even if the Kobalt brand is specific only to Lowe's.

Kobalt is the company who wrote the tiny-type on the warranty, not Lowe's. By the way, I spend thousands of dollars too.

@Bob

I suppose you do not understand frustration. It seems the norm these days, companies that don't stand behind the products, companies that discontinue products and provide no parts support.

Junk (Kobalt) made in the far east, Lowe's *** pore attitude when dealing with customers. The fellow should have shoved the Knife up Lowe's ***.

Your self righteous attitude is not shared by many.

@Bob

i actually work for lowes in the tools department, the warranty is actually done thru the mfg. Lowes actually only has to take it back with in the first 90 days. After that we dont have to take it back at all the lifetime warranty is thru the mfg.

@Anonymous

Actually the Lowes store honors the warranty through either store or manufacturer..... The warranty is a lifetime no hassle warranty and with proper training the stores that do it correctly do not have any issues with it ......if kobalt no longer makes the tool the customer can get a replacement tool that is similar even if price is higher .....we always want to give the customer the better value and its the right thing to do regardless .....training is everything in order to avoid problems with any warranty .

I just returned a Kobalt 1/2-in Standard (SAE) Ratcheting Wrench to Lowes and they scanned my mylowes card and gave me a new one ,easiest exchange ever!!!!

Iam very disappointed in the new warranty, i bought lots of cobalt tools, well no more lowes for me. I should just continue buying from craftsman.

Simple warranty procedure. It breaks you take it to your local store.

I went to the lowes store to replace a kobalt measure tape and they were not able to replace it because i forgot mi ID at home ,I just dont get it how come you dont need an ID when you buy it first. :(

@Mr .dissapointed.

If you have your receipt, have the card used to purchase the tape, or use your mylowes card, they can look up the transaction. If not, it's standard practice at any retail store that you present your ID so they can take down your info and give you credit/money back.

While they probably could have done an even swap...why wouldn't you have your ID on you? Seems pretty dumb.

@Mr .dissapointed.

Because you don't have your receipt you *** ,common sense when you buy something that says lifetime warranty you save the receipt ......look at Bostitch with their 100 yr..warranty on their tape measure .

Without the receipt I guarantee they wouldn't replace it 50 yes let alone 100 yrs......Lowes or any store out there is not there to babysit the people who don't get it or too hold your hand in your life if your just plain ignorant and think you don't need a receipt for anything lifetime regardless of warranty ......if you don't have a receipt the odds are the product may be or may not be yours and you just found it in the garbage or or yard sale or are just a plain crook and try and take advantage of businesses lifetime warranties and when you don't play by the rules( now listen up ) you cry about it ....until you get your way ........grow up and stop crying about it ......you don't keep the receipt you don't get the warranty ....you keep the receipt there's no need to show identification .....class over !!!

#532050

How the *** do you submit information online for a Newly purchased Kobalt tool? Can't find a *** thing which links me to a site for Kobalt corp.

What the *** kind of a deal is this?

Don't give a *** how good these tools might be, if you can't send in simple warranty info online without spending your life trying, it's not worth it.

#1019083
@Tat

If everyone else can do this with no problem, the problem may lie with you......

just bought kobalt socket set & went to register the set and phone number do"s not work sends you some where else& you can't do it on line ether,don't buy there tools I don't think there Around any more :sigh

have had several kobalt caulking guns replaced bt lowes was told no longet under warranty because it dosent say life time on yet kobalt adds say lifetime will not shop at lowes anymore

Buy Snap-Tools! kobalt tools are made to break