15535 S State Ave, Middlefield, OH 44062, USA
100% full Not resolved
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Aug 23

I am still waiting for the company to finish ordering new doors and get them installed. The experience is wearisome, and the customer service reps are not at all sympathetic or helpful. March is when the project began and we are now nearly at the end of August.

Original review posted by user Aug 15

We purchased a complete kitchen from Lower', who sold the Kraft Maid cabinets.We bought the cabinets from a sample door at the store.

When the cabinets arrived at our home, they had many defects as well as obvious cracks at the mitered corners that affected the looks and longevity of the cabinets. The paint has started to peel off the wood. We have been trying to work with both Lower' and Kraft Maid since the installation began in March of 2017. We are still fighting with them.

They are refusing to correct the problem, starting that we should have expected defects in painted cabinets. They have been most condescending and rude, and their customer service is extremely poor. I hope no one else ever has to endure this treatment.

We have been living in a half done kitchen for 5 months!Please do not use Lowes' or Kraft Maid!

Review about: Kraftmaid Cabinet.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: replace the defective cabinets with defect free cabinets.

I didn't like: Quality or cu, Customer service.

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

The cabinets are not junk.The problem is consumers, such as yourself, do not understand the nature of wood and don't bother to read the vendors literature.

Wood will expand and contract with changes in temperature and humidity. As this happens the joints in the cabinets and doors will move. This isn't as noticeable on a stained cabinet but will be very apparent on a painted cabinet. As your picture shows, a joint has moved and you see the crack in the paint.

If you bother to read their literature this fact is pointed out in their description of painted finishes. Your other picture looks like something has rubbed a bit of paint off the wood. Getting a bottle of touch up paint is always a good idea when you buy a painted product.

The cabinets aren't the problem, your unreasonable expectations of a paint finish are.No, I don't work for Lowes but had sold cabinets for many years.