1455, I-35, New Braunfels, TX 78130, USA

I purchased the lawnmore last year and used it 4 times. After sitting for a few months, I took it out to trim my front yard but it would not start.

I took it to Lowes and was told that the Manufacture would warranty the repairs for up to $120. I left it to get repaired. A week later I recieved a call from Lowes telling me the lawnmore was ready. When I went to pick up the lawnmore, I recieved a bill of $103.00.

I asked what was extent of the repairs. I was shown an invoice that explained that a spark plug and air cleaner was replaced. I could not believe that a spark plug and air cleaner plus the labor was that expensive. I told them I was not happy with the invoice and refused to pay that amount.

After arguing with them the bill was reduced to $60 for only the labor. I then asked about the $120 for the warranty andwas told that it was already included.

I can't believe that the total repairs to fix the lawnmore would cost $120 plus $103 which equals to $203. I will NEVER BUY from Lowes, nor take anything to Lowes for repairs!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Lawn Mower Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Lowes Cons: Useless extended warranty.

Comments

Lawnmower warranty’s have never covered spark plugs, air filters or common maintenance parts and labor. In the owners manual along with probably a thousand Youtube videos shows you how to do it.

For a few dollars you could have changed them out yourself, like the rest of us do. Consider it an expensive lesson in life.

The warrant document states exactly what it covers. Why do you feel a warranty should cover consumer abuse and failure to follow directions or properly maintain their product?

HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!! YOUR WARRANTY SHOULD HAVE COVERED EVERYTHING>.

THEY RIPPED YOU OFF! REPORT THEM TO THE BBB!

More than likely all they had to do was put fresh gas in it. If you had let it sit for a few months and hadn't stabilized the gas it had more than likely gone bad.

It seems they make their money by taking advantage of people that can't or won't do the maintenance on their lawn mowers, doesn't it? Odd.