1717 Freeway Dr, Mt Vernon, WA 98273, USA
4.1
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I bought a pallet of dirt

Wanted to tie it down so I bought straps to do so which I can do on my own, THANK GOD!! The straps unfortunately were not threaded and I did not know how, 4 garden people just stood there as I struggled!!

When I asked for help they said they didn’t know how, for me to walk around to lumber for help.... what the *** !! Are your people really that untrained?? Ended up going inside to return the product and the young lady in there helped me at returns !!

I went out and strapped my load with no problem after that, my point is this is my struggle such a great show that your garden department just stood there unable to assist me !! I was so near tears that I was ready to return all that dirt !!

Train your garden department in all aspects of loading including how to work a tie down !!

I’m 60, and damn near blind, I was not asking for them to tie down the load I just needed assistance with the threading of the tie down that I had also just bought from you !! Never again will I use Lowe’s in mount Vernon Wa !!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Comments

I expect Lowes is no different than the home center i worked for. Employees were not allowed to assist in securing or tying down loads.

It's a liability. If the load came loose, the straps broke or materials somehow flew off your vehicle and damaged another, the store could be sued.

We could help load your merchandise but securing it was your responsibility. That's part of living in a world where everyone is looking to make a buck by suing someone with deep pockets.