2.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I am now a former Lowe's employee, I put in my 2 week notice, for the 21st of October, I was let go the 12 th of October, I was told that it was standard practice to let employees go whom have submitted their resignation, but much to my surprise, I have known several other employees from the store I was working and they got to finish out their commitment to Lowe's, I in the time I worked their was never late, missed one day of work due to mechanical issues, to which I followed procedure and called in, I have never been reprimanded for infractions of policy, I find it unfair that I was let go before my resignation date, I cannot find the policy where it says that Lowe's uses that practice, thinking I was terminated without cause.

Reason of review: Policy and Procedure.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I've never worked for Lowes but have worked for other retail stores. It kind of depends on why you are leaving as to whether you get to work out your two weeks or not.

If you are leaving for school, retiring, moving out of town they will usually let you work out your notice.

If you turn in your notice and say you are taking a job at another retail store they will often terminate you right away. They feel if you are no longer committed to them and you would rather be working elsewhere it's better for you the be elsewhere sooner rather than later.

There doesn't need to be a cause. Unless there is a contract, you serve at the pleasure of management.

Apparently you no longer garnered their pleasure.

At our company, anyone turning in a 2 week notice was thanked for their consideration and let go immediately with a 2-week severance check. Nobody wants an employee who has publicly announced their dissatisfaction by turning in a notice which is often disruptive and leads to morale issues and in some cases, intentionally sabotaged work.

to Anonymous #1580455

or theft. It's quite common for people who have given their notice to steal from the company they are leaving.