To whom it may concern: LG Refrigerator Problem I purchased an LG Model #LSC27925ST, on 8/23/14, side by side Stainless Steel refrigerator through a Lowe's Store in Cape Coral, Florida.I also purchased a 5 year extended warranty contract through Lowe's.

Before year end of 2015 the plastic liner in the inside wall of the freezer developed a crack (approx. 22inch) across the liner. We contacted Lowe's to have it repair, in which they referred us to Best Service of America ,Inc the technician stated that it was a cosmetic problem not covered by the warranty.

We contacted Lowe's again they referred us to A & E Factory Service, after they cancelled 5 appointments, the technician finally showed up and again claimed it was cosmetic, it did not affect the freezer, therefore it was not covered.Now the crack is bigger and wider and we now have an ice build up from the crack running down to the bottom of the freezer.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / $1200
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Submit review

Comments

#1319452

Read the warranty. It will repair items that are a functional problem but you will find that cosmetic items (cracks, dents, parts that fall of but don't affect the cooling) are not covered. Always look at what you are paying for before you buy an extended warranty.

Smitty
#1319069

You were so worried about getting a stainless steel exterior that you failed to examine the hopelessly plastic interior. Duh.

rollo2016

You fell for the "extended warranty" scam.Every store sells these things for any and all appliances, electronics, etc.

They are only useful as a means of padding the bottom line of the retailer.Best to avoid them, as you now should realize.