2.3
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

My wife and I shopped at a Lowe's about 20 minutes from our house. After we got home she noted we were charged for 1 item twice.

She called and the only way they know to resolve it is for us to drive back there with the receipt, wait while they check security footage, and if we prove we are right they will refund our money. Had a similar issue with a competitor and they simply looked the transaction up and gave us credit without any inconvenience to us.

Lowe's certainly isn't encouraging us to be a customer and we most likely won't go back. I spend my money with merchants that make it easy and appreciate my business.

Review about: Lowes Customer Care.

Comments

They should have been able to ask for the information they need off the receipt and viewed their security tapes without your coming in. Sounds like they make it easy for their cashiers to be dishonest.

to Anonymous #1366060

Yes because we need to automatically jump to "dishonest employees" god forbid it was a honest mistake.

But lowes policy is, customer is required to be in store to review footage for a refund on issues like this.

Is it less convenient for the customer yes. Imagine being the cashier having to deal with you and your needy self.

to Anonymous #1367150

The only way to tell if it is a customer error or a cashier error is to look at the security tapes. Why does the customer have to come back to the store to look at a tape?

The store makes it inconvenient for the customer in hopes they don't come in, making in easier for dishonest employees to get away without being caught. Not saying that there are dishonest employees there, but why make it easy for someone to be dishonest?