Saturday November 24th 2012, my 30" Frigidaire Range failed, at 8:00 AM, it was 10 years old and was in need of replacement anyway.

I visited my local Lowe's in Corbin, Kentucky to purchase a new range.

Problem #1: 30 minute wait before any customer service rep acknowledged our presence.

Problem #2: The CSR who showed up, could not actually enter our order into the computer without assistance from a CSR in another department.

Problem #3: Asked and was told on three separate instances that it would be delivered and installed on Tuesday or Wednesday November 27th or 28th, and that they would call before delivery.

Problem #4: No mention of buying an installation "kit", which is required if they install the range.

Problem #5: Was asked during check out, if I wanted an extended warranty coverage plan, which I declined, was asked if this was to be delivered, which I restated that it did need to be delivered, as it would not fit in my car.

Problem #6: Stopped by Lowe's this afternoon to check the status on my Range. Was told it was sold to me as a "carry-away", and wasn't scheduled for delivery.

Problem #7: Was told the range had to be ordered, and would not arrive in the store until November 29th.

Problem #8: Was told that the earliest it could be delivered was Friday November 30th, while both my wife and I will be working.

Problem #9: Was informed that I was not charged for an "installation kit", and that the installer would not be able to reuse my existing connection cable to install the new range. I refused to buy a new cord, and declined their installation service.

I run a retail business, and if I were to allow this level of incompetence among my employees it would quickly put me out of business. I'm not saying I never have any problems with unsatisfied customers, however, all of my employees are capable of providing a level of customer service that causes even my unsatisfied customers to leave happy, and return. My expectations of these "big box" stores are not excessively high, but this is not the first time I've had this experience at Lowe's.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Installation.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 28, 2012.

Comments