3.3

So, as of today 6/10/2019 Lowe’s has apparently changed the military discount program. No longer is it valid on online purchases (in store only now), and restrictions appear to have been added to sale and clearance items.

After years of Lowe’s improving their program, I started shopping there over Home Depot. However, now with them reverting back to a system that is difficult to use and only applies to some purchases, I will be returning to Home Depot. As I understand, although Home Depot is also in store only, I do not believe their are any restrictions on sale items being discounted. As a disabled vet, I always liked that I could purchase online & if I couldn’t pick it up, someone else could.

However, it appears Lowe’s no longer wants to give vets a break. Not sure how makes sense for Lowe’s but, Home Depot will be benefiting from their choice.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Rewards Program.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

I wasn’t given a option when I pledged to serve our country. But you can at anytime?

Fair by your rules.

Hmmmm! Home Depot for US.

Lowe's is showings vets that they are the same as all other places and the dollar is really the most important to them. I guess the extra 5% they give the vet (most customers can get a 5% discount by opening an account with them) was costing then too much on the bottom line.

They want you to start shopping at their stores for the extra benefit and then after they get you, they change their policy hoping you will continue to shop there. Shame on Lowe's.

Both stores offer the discount but I never get the military discount on clearance items when I shop at Lowes or Home Depot.

Before you run off to Home Depot you may want to look at all the vets complaining about their discounts. Perhaps both stores should just stop offering discounts.

When I was McHomeless in Ashland, Oregon, I lived under bridge #23 with a Vietnam Veteran by the name of Dermot. Dermot used to hold up a panhandling sign that said "VIETNAM VETERAN, '68 TET OFFENSIVE, BRONZE STAR, I HELPED YOU, SO NOW CAN YOU HELP ME ?" I think that everyone should help out these poor veterans who served our country.

NotedRedWolf

After being grossly harassed by Electrical Dept employee in Catskill store ranting he didn’t knowus(he actually did), and Lowe’s Customer Service even sequestered the BBB over the matter, you’ll never see this vet in that store again. Since incident he’s even spread bad gossip about our character which is a fabrication to save face.

I’m not afraid to give my name. Brian Neal.

NotedRedWolf

After having Customer Service do nothing about a employee of the electrical dept in Catskill store rants he doesn’t know me to this veteran, and then spreads small town gossip about us, I will never shop at Lowe’s. This happened on 1/20/19.

TwinOcelot591

I am a disabled vet also, and I really am upset about this. Even the VA offers more help for vets 50% or more disabled.

I could see this if they made some compensation for those with serious health conditions related to their military service. I also have no reason to shop at Lowes in the future.

Sorry but they owe you nothing sir. Every year that goes by is another year the events you hold so dear are that much further in the past.

Get over yourself as you are no better then the people you served.

Remember your oath? You’re starting to sound like a petty little tyrant.

FlagrantFly
@Anonymous

Well, actually, I never asked for the discount originally. You may remember Lowe’s associates asking veterans to sign up for there program several years ago.

This was in order to gather email addresses and draw business from competitors. It seems it worked and now they don’t want to honor the program they created. I’m no petty tyrant. However I am also no spineless coward.

I maintained my oath and served my country with honor. Which is more than I’m sure can be said for you.

@FlagrantFly

No one cares....

I care!

@Anonymous

Sad! Obviously this is somehow personal to you.

Only you know why you need to be so hateful to a complete stranger, but I sure hope your life gets better. Have a blessed day!

@Anonymous

You have no respect for veterans and their lives they risked for someone so thoughtless as you!

@Anonymous

I agree with you. They are like the wacko mail carriers who give all of their fellow workers a bad name when they decide that they are going to "go postal" just because they have become disgruntled.

You should appreciate any discount you get from any store. They do not owe you a discount. Thank those that give you one but you have no right to complain when a store doesn't give you something they don't owe you.

FlagrantFly
@Anonymous

This was in order to gather email addresses and draw business from competitors. It seems it worked and now they don’t want to honor the program they created. I never said they owed it to me.

They created to draw my business. And now they’ve altered and lost my business.

@FlagrantFly

If you didn't think it's owed to you, why are you complaining about it on the internet? Companies change policies all the time.

If you go over and look at the Home Depot complaints you will see vets complaining there as well.

Appreciate and thank the stores that give you a discount. If you don't feel you are owed a discount you shouldn't be complaining that you aren't getting one for whatever the reason.

@Anonymous

Oh, go back to your retail job at Dollar General!

@Anonymous

Sad! This is obviously somehow personal to you.

Only you know why you feel the need to be so hateful to a complete stranger, but I sure hope your life gets better. Have a blessed day!