Went to Lowe's #1630 in Littleton, CO around 5:00 pm on a Sunday. No one in the store (customer wise), not a busy time.

I had questinos about a Rotary Sander, so I waited next to the Rotary Sander's for about 10 minutes. I made contact with no less than 5 employees, none of whom bothered to ask if I needed any assistance. SO, I took one of the display models to the vaccum section, to see if it would fit the hose of a bucket vac. There were no bucket vac, except for the display, which had no hose.

I flagged an employee down, and I question whether or not she knew her own name, and she had to get someone else. This guy had no idea about which vac was where, and never heard of "hooking a sander up to a vac". (Seriously? and this person got hired to sell their merchandise?) The worst part?

I applied to work for Lowe's a few motnhs ago - their exact words when they called me back: "I'm sorry, sir, but you seem a bit over-qualified to work here." Why? Because I can speak english, tie my own shoes & know the difference between prompt, courteous customer service and *** customer service? -I left my cart in the middle of the aisle, with the display sander in it, told the "tool associate" that he needed to perhaps attend a product knowledge seminar, and told the manager on the way out the door that this was the worst shopping experience I have ever had. I was prepared to drop $200.00 in this place, instead, I drove to Home Depot and spent $300.00 on things that the employees recommended to me.

THD's workers gave me demo's, showed me how to hook everything up, told me which item to buy, vs. the other, and hnored the Lowe's coupon I had, just because I told them how much better their people are than at their compettitor.

Lowe's carries a few more brands of tools that I prefer to use over The Home Depot, but I will order those online in the future and wait, instead of EVER going to Lowe's again.

Comments

greenturtle36
Mesquite, Texas, United States #643316

I used to work at Lowe's and I can tell you what the problem is: They don't want to pay people to work. I worked in Hardware, but was often forced to help customers in other departments that I was never trained in and knew nothing about, because there was nobody scheduled in that department.

Now, someone on the outside looking in will say "well just cross train for other departments", but, when you have no help in your own department, AND you have to stock freight because the store refuses to hire stockers... When do you have time to train? Your manager is going to let you off an hour early so you can go train in another department?

Yeah right. And, no, you can't stay an extra hour because you get written up if you have overtime.

Liability. Even though the heaetrs clearly said not to install them in bedrooms, where the oxygen could get depleted and suffocate people, idiots still did it.

So most larger suppliers have quit handling them to avoid being sued. They do work just fine if installed and used properly; heck in my state the average low income family has all ventless gas space heaetrs, the old type with the ceramic inserts in them.

My weatherization program takes those out though, once we tighten up the house since the CO level goes too high. We no longer use the new ventless heaetrs either because of the possible liability even though they are much safer than the old heaetrs we take out.

Lowes just look at How many customers you have lost just because of your employees putting in their comments and degrading those that have a negative comment about your company.

Lowes has a bad habit (not every store) of cutting staff to save money. This is usually due to poor management or low sales.

The people who are left in the store have to cover at least two and 3 departments at the same time. It is not the salespersons hiding, it is poor management. Those who are pro Lowes can argue all they want.

It is a fact. I have been there, I know.

Maybe the employee couldn't help because we don't sell "Rotary" sanders. We sell round orbital sanders and square power sanders.

Check Lowes web site. Not one "rotary" sander. And yes..we do sell attachtments to hook them up to a vacume, the bucket vac, which is a vacume you attatch to a bucket or any other shop vac we carry. Maybe you should know what your looking for before you go in.

Then maybe we can help you. By the way..wth is "hnored" Mr. over qualified ?

Good luck at The Homo Depot. And that was not a typo.