Cleveland, Tennessee
3.0

I purchased a Troy-Built Tiller from Lowes 1 1/2 years back and added the $99 extended warrenty thinking that it would protect me if the machine ever broke down. (Now lowes no longer sells this particular brand of machine but that should not matter.) When the transmission broke down through normal usage I took it in for warranty repair thinking they would stand up for their promise.

However, when they called back they informed me that since the machine broke down because a foreign object got stuck in the blades, the warranty was void. Sorry, a warranty is a warranty and if the machine housing did not hold up to keep foreign objects out that is a failure of the machine, not me. Warranties are supposed to protect customers against the cost of repairing broken machines. My bad, I'm out $99 for trusting LOWES.

Never again. The real kicker, though, is that when their agent quoted me the cost of repair, it was basically the same as the purchase price of a new machine.

How about that?

LOWEs once seemed to me to be a company with integrity. In this, my belief, at least, has been dissappointed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Troy Bilt Tiller.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

You won't find many warranties that cover consumer damage. They cover defects that arise over time.