Featured Resolved
3.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jul 18, 2017

All, as of today Lowe's gave a full refund for the fence. my thanks to everyone that helped get this resolved. My special thanks to my Lord for answering my prayers.

Update by user Jun 01, 2017

All with dad dying I forgot the emails with Fiberon. This is what I received: Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:53 AM "My understanding from last week was yes, another manager was taking your claim over as of yesterday and Travis was going to have him up to speed on the claim before he left.

The new manager is Brandon Wilson and he is supposed to reach out to me once they make a determination on their part of the claim. We have agreed to partner with them on a settlement, but I don’t know what they are willing to offer.

Travis wanted to work with Brandon when he reported to the store yesterday as it will ultimately come out of his budget once it is resolved, and then they would contact me. I would assume to hear sometime either today or tomorrow and will follow up with Brandon if I don’t hear anything by tomorrow afternoon."

Update by user Jun 01, 2017

The Review about: is for Lowe's

Original review posted by user May 31, 2017

Lowe's installed my Fiberon WoodShades fence with a 20 year warranty. 5 years later (2016) the fence composite covering is cracking and peeling.

One post was not set in concrete and wind from a storms tore out three sections. Fiberon had me send pictures, Marie at Fiberon tells me the fence was not installed correctly which voids the warranty. Marie sent me the install specs and sure enough there are several things not done by Lowe’s such as concrete amount (12" diameter X 24" deep with 6" of gravel in bottom to control moisture thus caused cracking & peeling), screws to fasten rails to post (lose post and no screws 3 section tore out), spacing requirements not met (for post to post & post to rails), Pickets are lose and It goes on and on. I was told today that Lowe’s will do nothing.

I am out over $5,670, Lowe’s installed the fence incorrectly which voided the Fiberon warranty.

So again the little guy gets beat down by the big guy corporate. Is there no justice for us.

Review about: Lowes Fence Installation.

Reason of review: fence warranty void due installed incorrectly.

Preferred solution: replace entire fence and install as fence maker instructions.

I didn't like: Customer dis-service, Warranty service, Disinterested personell.

Comments

This exact thing happened to me. And worse and I am still fighting this fence battle.

Install began in 2013. Most of the fence had to be replaced. Work started 2016 and finally finished 2017. This week the metal hinge broke off.

Lowe’s referred me to manufacturer. Hoping things will work out but warranty was voided originally due to improper installation.

wmorris
to T.Sanford #1481025

After I told Lowe’s about the fence falling apart I was told by Lowe’s to contact the fence maker. After I contacted the manufacturer of the fence they asked for pictures.

After they saw the pictures the manufacture told me that the fence was not installed per the instructions thus voiding the warranty and sent me the instructions for installation. My prayers were answered by contacting the Better Business Bureau who worked with Lowe’s corporate.All I wanted was the fence to be installed according to the manufactures instructions. Lowe’s locally elected to refund what I paid to purchase and install.

I now have to take down and get rid of the fence and decide on a new fence and who to install it.Yesterday I dug up one of the post, there was very little concrete and no grave in the bottom of the post hole. There should have been 12 inches diameter of concrete all the way down to the 6 inches of gravel.

to wmorris #1481671

The local Lowe’s store generously paid to have the fence reinstalled. However, the pivot hinge of the gate broke off 15 months after install.

Sent email with pictures in to Fiberon as directed by Lowe’s. The manufacturer stated the gate installation was incorrect and provided logical reasons (which I raised concerns about during installation but was dismissed by the installer) for the gate failure that are reasonably installer’s fault. When I called Lowe’s back they were hesitant to provide any help because they had already paid to have the fence replaced. Which is illogical because they (the Lowe’s agent) did not follow proper installation procedures and therefore should be liable for repairs and CORRECT installation.

Which is what I contracted for. Certainly not improper installation.

How did you get Lowe’s to refund you? I’m in the same situation. I didn’t realize it was installed incorrectly until it started coming down.

wmorris