1.3
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Less than a year ago, I purchased a riding lawn mower and spent HUNDREDS extra for a 4 year protection plan. Last week, the mower stops working, so I call for service.

They tell me that the provider will come get the mower the next day, and they'll call for directions first. Next day, no one calls, no one comes. The next day was a Sunday, so on Monday I call again. I'm told the provider will call me that day or the next.

Here it is the next day and still no call. At this point, I just want a refund or exchange. I have no faith in Lowe's and their "protection plan", and I certainly have no faith in this nameless " provider" who can't even be bothered to make a phone call.

I will never purchase anything big enough to want a warranty at Lowe's again. I'd love to know who this "provider" is too, so I can make sure never to use them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

#1332054

You purchased a service plan from Lowes that is provided by an outside vendor. Just as the basic warranty on the mower was the responsibility of the manufacturer of the mower, the responsibility for the repair under the service plan is the responsibility of the plan provider. It seems to me that a logical person would be complaining about the plan provider and not the retail store where they purchased the plan.

@Anonymous

Lowe's sells the warranty and should stand behind a warranty they sell. Do not push the responsibility off on the provider, Lowe's should monitor their choice in companies/provider's they use.

When you walk into to Lowe's you shop there because you expect good service from them in whatever degree it is.

So after all the comments I reading about poor reviews on Lowe's warranty I will now be reading Home Depot's reviews. I use to prefer Lowe's but I have a open mind.

@Anonymous

Sorry but if you slap your name all over something you can’t turn around and claim you have nothing to do with it. Lowe’s sells the extended plan and they’re who you contact to schedule service through a third party.

A logical person would know Lowe’s is making money on this otherwise they wouldn’t bother with selling them to begin with. To claim Lowe’s has no skin in the game in disingenuous.