Ellenton, Florida

Long story short: I bought a Shop Vac from my local Lowe's. I traveled 30 minutes home, opening the box and found it to be used!

It had grass in the box, dirt on the unit, and had scratches. I packed it back up and took it back to Lowe's. So, I had to waste an hour of my day traveling back and forth, not to mention time at the store. I requested a manager and discussed the circumstances.

I told him it wasn't like I was returning it because I didn't like the color. I wanted assurances that it wasn't being put back out on the shelf. He looked right at me and said that he didn't think it was used and didn't know why I had a problem. I was flabbergasted.

He refused to give me anything off of the purchase for my trouble and that I had to sign the return slip to get my replacement unit. I signed and wrote "unhappy - disagree with manager" at the bottom of the slip and took my new unit home. I wrote lowes.com when I got home and was referred to the store manager. He gave me standard corporate lingo telling me it wouldn't happen again; no empathy, no real apology.

So, I wrote lowes.com again and stated that I wanted someone above this store; someone away from these people that knew each other. I was batted to another store and then back to the local store for another individual who can't tell me what his job is (??). He has reiterated the same lingo and asked me what I wanted. I told him that all I was seeking was 10% off my purchase for my time and trouble; again, I was buying a used item.

Three days later and nothing. . .no email, no answer, no nothing. I am preparing to write their corporate email to discuss again.

This is all over $10 they are giving me a hard time over. Now, for me it is more about principle.

I don't necessarily care about the $10, but I want them to show some empathy and care. It appears that won't be happening anytime soon either.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 10, 2010.

Comments

Fort George G. Meade, Maryland, United States #276068

Actually I hold three college degrees; including a Masters and am currently working on an additional Masters, work full-time, volunteer with two different organizations for approximately 5 hours a week each. I thought this site was to vent and let out frustration.

. .not to be treated like you are better than me for some strange reason. People shop. .

.*** happens.

. .and customers deserve satisfaction.

Your tears sustain me

cry more about it.

Seriously though....You must be unemployed to have all this time to waste getting "Justice"

Open the item next time you buy to make sure it does not happen again. People use stuff and return it all the time but never tell the store they did and it gets put back on the shelf. Sometimes its not even the same item.

Bluefield
Fort George G. Meade, Maryland, United States #211284

I am not whining. I merely don't think that I should have been sold a used item as new.

And, a little apology would have been nice by the CSM. I do believe that 'accidents' happen, but I also believe that good customer service wasn't practiced upon my return of the item. That is all. As I said, I don't care about the money.

No need to be mean toward me. I just joined this board and thought this is what it was about.

. .my bad.

Awka, Anambra, Nigeria #211186

Quit crying you big baby. It's not Lowes fault some *** repackaged the vac when he was done with it and returned it.

If you are like most people you would check to make sure everything was there if the box had been opened, so I assume it was sealed if you didn't mention it in you complaint. Stores don't put used product on the shelf to *** consumers off. They did take care of you and exchanged it for a new one. It's not their fault you live 30 minutes from their store.

You need to live with the fact that things you don't like can happen.

Get over it and get on with you life. Why loose sleep over a few bucks?

Lowes is good for buying the stuff.People who work for them do not take their job seriously.So if you want to get something install think twice.They are not responsible for their contractor.So far in my dealing with Lowes i am not happy.Do not take risk be wise.

Fort George G. Meade, Maryland, United States #210186

Maybe you should contact BBB or shop vac. . .just a thought.