My husband and I have redone kitchens before but never with Lowe's. This time we decided to give it a try. NEVER again.

First, it took weeks for the designer to finalize our drawings (and we spent HOURS in the store with him trying to get it done but he was inexperienced with the software).

Second, once the cabinets finally came it took over a week for the installers call to schedule an appointment to come verify delivery. (I spoke to the Lowe's people several times a week and they had the delivery date weeks in advance. This delay was Lowe's fault)

Third, the finally came to inspect the cabinets and several were the wrong cabinet! Cabinets had been ordered that the salesperson had liked, not what WE wanted. Now we are asking cabinet maker to rush replacements (more cost!)

Fourth, we were going to get our counter top from them so we asked them to send out the installer to measure. An older man showed up and took measurements I could have given him over the phone, then told me it would be another week for them to come and make a template and THEN another 6 weeks for the counter top to come in. I told them to cancel it and we found a local store that could have it done in 2 weeks.

Fifth, we also ordered appliances from Lowe's and the kitchen cabinet guy had the nerve to "scold" me for ordering through the appliance department instead of directly through him.

And last but not least, we had used a 10% off coupon to make our cabinet purchase and the cashier gave us 10% off the total instead of off of only $10,000 (which I guess is policy) and so the Lowe's cabinet guy got less commission and he was mad at us!! He actually complained to us about this error!! How unprofessional!

I find that no one knows what anyone else is doing, the cabinet people are over worked and inexperienced, and for the $14,000 we spent, we are very unhappy with the experience and will NOT be shopping there again.

Flower Mound, TX

Comments

I had a bad experience with the delivery of a washer and dryer. Bounced down the stairs becuse the deliverers "forgot' their straps and dolly at their last house, then they did not hook up the hose correctly and my basement almost Flooded--Mnagement made it right within 2 days without any problems--now I am leary about buying bathroom vanities after what I have read!!!!Yikes!!

I'm having the same problem with Lowes in Hillsborough NJ so it's not just a regional problem. I'm redoing my kithcen so I ordered cabinets, flooring, and the countetop from Lowes. The wrong grout color was installed and they offered to stain it and said someone would be calling me about it but despite my calls, no one has called to schedule the fix.

The quality of the Kraftmaid cabinets was fine, but Lowes gave the installer the wrong date for when the cabinets were going to be installed. That caused another week delay after waiting an initial 6 weeks. There were also issues with Lowes coordinating the sink I watned with the countertop installer.

It's been a HORRIBLE experience and I will never shop at Lowes again. I'd rather pay a little more somewhere else because it's just not worth dealing with them. Lesson learned!

to Victoria Hudson, Ohio, United States #834617

I do not want to relive my horrible experience with lowes cabinet department. They are so inept.

I made them redo the cabinets after the granite was put down. I told them education is not free.

They are totally careless and so are the employees they hire as contractors. They are looking for an easy paycheck

#119757

I think its funny ..."judging by these posts I wont go there now either" you wont see any positive posts on here..because..well read the name

I HAVE HAD A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THE SHANONDOAH CABINET CO. THAT MAKES CABINETS FOR LOWES, MY HUABAND AND I ARE REMODELING OUR KITCHEN SO WE ORDER CABINETS FROM LOWES THROUGH THIS CO.

FIRST OF ALL IT WAS 3 WEEKS LONGER THAN THEY TOLD US WE WOULD GET OUR CABINETS, WHEN WE FINALLY GOT OUR CABINETS WE HAD 18 PIECES IN THE BOXES 10 OUT OF 18 WERE BROKEN SO BAD THERE WAS NO WAY WE COULD USE THEM ,WE CALL THEM AND THEY WANTED US TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE CABINETS AND SEND TO THEM, MY HUSBAND WAS VERY UP SET AND FIRM WITH THEM THEY SENT A REP. FROM THE COMPBANY TO OUR HOUSE 2 DAYS LATER THEY COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT KIND OF CONDITION THE CABINEST WERE IN THEN THEY TELL US YOR NEW CABINET WILL BE REPLACED IN 5-6 DAYS ONCE AGAIN THEY HAVE LIED TO US NOW OUR CANINETS WILL NOT BE HERE TO US FOR 2-3 MORE WEEKS WE CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE DOING THIS TO US OUR KITCHEN IS A MESS WE ARE LIVING OUT OF BOXES THAT HAVE OUR DISHES AND COOKING EQUIPMENT IN THEM, SO BE WARE OF THE SHANONDOAH CABINET CO.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #108904

sometimes people should think about situations in their own jobs when mistakes have been made. sometimes its not only the salesperson faults.

people are stubborn & pig headed & don't realize people working retail have feelings & LIVES just like everyone else. obviously when it comes to an install or fabrication issue its hardly ever something a customer service person can snap their fingers & fix. these stores are open 363 days a year. when your home celebrating holidays with family & friends - they are working taking care of miserbale people who dont even appreciated their time off.

stop all the *** & moaning. get over it.

mistakes are made & im sure you've had a bad day or two & have not treated people exactly right! :upset

to mel Silver Spring, Maryland, United States #959596

1) no one in the US is asked to work 363 days a year

2) when you make a purchase, in particular one worth thousands of dollars, there should be an expectation that the goods are delivered with the quality and in the timeframe that they were promised

3) living without a kitchen for weeks a time is a tremendously stressing experience

and about the winning and complaining... Have you carefully read your own post?

rileighjo

I too am having a big problem with Shenadoah cabinets that I had my contractor order. Sizes were messed up, finish isn't good on some of them, pieces not even ordered by the designer.

And of course Lowes designer takes no responsibility on any of the mistakes. Here is week before Christmas, and since it's an upper corner cabinet they messed up, that prevents the rest of the cabinets from being installed. Their solution: build a box and slide the cabinet in it! Real professional, right?

After spending between $10,000 - $15,000 for cabinets, countertops, flooring, and supplies, I will never shop at the Liberty, MO Lowes ever again. And from the way this thread is reading, the other stores aren't much better.

I find that very sad as I always loved shopping there and it was usually cheaper then Home Depot. :(

#61980

Varies from store to store just like every other retailer out there. Sometimes you will find good people sometimes bad its just how it is.

Im dept manager of Appliances/Cabinets and luckily the two appliance guys I have have 10 and 12 years experience and 15years for myself. Same length of experience for my cabinet guys, but the next lowes about 15 miles from us the appliance and cabinet people for the most part are all new :p

Ealing, England, United Kingdom #25175

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

Sweeny, Texas, United States #10054

i really want to work there. maybe i will be good.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #8748

My Husband owns a Contrating Co. and your story sounds all to familiar to me.

He will NOT work for anyone that orders there kitchen cabinets or counter tops from LOWE's. I have a sister and a niece the work there and they both tell me how incompetent the sales people are.

Who are they hiring anyway? All I can give them credit for is that they ARE good looking sales people...and that's IT!