Ordered several items from Afghanistan. Shipment arrived on two separate days. First shipment included an 18V Dewalt wet and dry vacuum...which evidently doesn't include the battery or charger unit. Doesn't do me much good in Afghanistan.

Second part of order arrived next day. It included two Sylvania battery powered stickup lights. One didn't even have the pull tab to remove the tab that activates the battery, and the other one's pull tab broke as soon as I tried to remove it.

Went to Lowe's website to try and find out about the vacuum battery/charger issue, and noticed there were two questions posted specifically asking about the same subject. I clicked the answer button and responded to both questions with the same answer. I told them that batteries and chargers were not included and I for one, had no intention of spending a minimum of $135.00 to get them when the vacuum was only $89.00 to begin with. I would throw it out first. I also sent customer service a message inquiring about their return policy.

They refused to post my answer to the two questions, and gave me the following reply:

Hello Jmclellen,

Your opinion is very important to us and the Lowes community. We appreciate you taking the time to write an answer. Unfortunately your answer did not meet our guidelines for posting on our site.

We encourage you to review our guidelines and resubmit your answer.

Thanks for being an active member of the Lowes community.

Sincerely,

The Lowes Team

I reviewed their guidelines, and found I had not violated any of them, so I have to conclude that Lowe's will not post anything that would reflect negatively on a product or service. So the consumer is left to "spin the wheel" and take their chances when they order anything through the mail order system.

I have not received a reply from their customer service regarding their return policy. I guess I might as well toss the vacuum and the lights. That will be more than a $100.00 loss on a $190.00 order.

I don't have a lot of choices here in Afghanistan, but, Home Depot, Menard's and Ace Hardware still have a shot at my business.

Review about: Lowes Website.

Comments

It is stated right on the website "TOOL ONLY".Dewalt sells base tools which do not include the battery or charger. I don't know how much clearer the web site could be.