Aiken, South Carolina
6.3K views

Hi,

I have submitted a complaint already over 2 weeks ago for master forge and sumitted to the BBB. Not one person has contacted me from Master Forge which makes me realize they really do not have any concern for their customers and could care less that after less than a year of use the product is faulty. Since I bought this from Lowe's I'm hoping someone will care enough at that company to make ammends.I purchased a gift for my husband last Memorial day, spending 500 dollars at Lowe's for a Master Forge grill. In my last complaint I provided all of the grill specifics so that if Master Forge was concerned they would be able to easily provide replacement parts. However, no one seems to care. I would hope that I get a phone call or in the VERY LEAST an email from these people to find out why I am so frustrated with their products. My family always buys MasterForge grills which is why I was so quick to spend that amount of money for my husband. Unfortunately it fell VERY short of expectations. Multiple parts on the insde have rusted even though it remained covered. We cannot use it without covering the whole inside in foil. Not very fun for BBQ season. I wish I could express how dissapointed I am not just in the product but in the customer service. I called and spoke with people multiple times at MasterForge, first told, no problem they would ship out replacement parts. a month later...when I had no parts I called and they said there was no order for me. They sent me to the agents voicemail who promised this, and she never called back. SHOCKING!

I am horrified and will continue to post this on every consumer website until rectified

Comments

gstrawcutter

I rolled my grille out this last Memorial Day to cookout. I bought a large Master Forge Grille and within two years it has completely rusted out.

The entire working interior is gone and the grill surfaces have rusted beyond use. I clean it after each use and keep it covered when not in use.

I moved from FL where grills do rust more quickly due to the salt and that was expected. I will never purchase another one of these poorly built grills again and Lowes has lost another good customer.

This might be sort of late news for some of you, but we need to realize that to survive our current economy, companies like Lowes, Sears, HomeDepot, etc, have to buy cheap *** from overseas (china) and sell them as American made, Master Forge is a Lowes brand. Open your eyes America, we are done with American made products....

OK NOW HERE WE GO........SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN CHEAP AND SHINED ON THE EXTENDED WARRENTY! PEOPLE HAVE WE LOST OUR MINDS OR HAVE WE LOST SIGHT.

THESE DAY WE MUST INSURE OURSELVES FROM OURSELVE'S. THIS MEAN DONT TRUST ANYTHING TO LAST EVEN YOUR OWN TEETH.

WE ARE ALL DOOMED. GET THE INSURANCE NEXT TIME

@LPZ

Dear LPZ,

Clean your grill! It will last looonnngggeeerrrr.

WE ARE ALL DOOMED. GET THE INSURANCE NEXT TIME

You people think it is the store that is to blame? No no no it is all of us who are to blame.

Sadly as a nation we buy what ever is the cheapest and demand that lowes match home depot and sears match best buy and so on. All of the *** we buy these days is from china We cant even get halfway decent stuff from japan anymore. So you know what? Its your fault.

Or you could blame your dog. Yeah thats is its the dogs fault. You know what? When you see the dog kick him!

Or here is a noble and somewhat crazy idea... Ready?? Are you sure you can handle it??? ok here goes...

MADE IN THE USA.

Pretty simple if it breaks down guess what? You can get it fixed or replaced and in some cases take a drive to the builder and raise a little stink...

@Frank Burns

***. It is absolutely the responsibility of Lowe's to stand behind what they sell.

They have professional buyers that test and make decisions on this stuff.

Regardless of where is is made, ultimately they are on the hook for making a customer happy. The fact that they pushed cheap goods doesn't absolve them of responsibility.

Don't buy it from Lowe’s; they will not help me at all!!!! The second they find out I did not buy their extended warranty, they drop me like a hot plate!!!

If they would have told me the grill is a piece of sh%!, I would have bought the warranty. This grill was 500 plus and is a year and a half old. Rusted, plastic is ruined, the STAINLESS is shot, must be the cheapest *** you make it out of!!!

Again, LOWE'S dropped the ball and I as a customer trusted them to sell me a quality product,,,, NOT!!!! Stay away from LOWE'S and MASTER FORGE (JUNK)

#461993

I bought the Master Forge E3518-LPG in 2008 and most of the inside has rusted, even though I kept to cover on it. I went on-line to find parts but no one seems to carry them any longer.

It's made in China.

I guess the Chinese don't bar-b-que much, based on the design of this product.) So, I'm now using The Master Forge Grill as a boat anchor. It works quite well, but I'm sure it will rust out soon.

@Brique Kete

Brique Kete,

You live near water hopefully not salt and you didn't clean your grill. Your fault not manufacturer or Lowe's.

The American ***

@ Get Over It... you are a tool.

When someone buys something they expect a certain amount of quality, especially for the money that they worked hard for. If there can not be consumer confidence, then there is a breakdown. YOU obviously are one of the underpaid pee-ons that the woman mentions & you defend. I too am having a problem with my grill.

They grill works great, & looks new (which it should for being less than a year old), but unfortunately my $500 grill has a handle that has rusted completely. VERY disappointing.

i bought a master forge grill I was thinking 279.95 the second year the whole is side s has rotted out and is junk now.I would have thought it would have lasted 3 or 4 years.i now buy 89.99 grills and throw the away every 2 years THIS WAY i SAVE ABOUT 200.00 MASTER FORGE IS JUNK AND THE COMPANY REP.DID NOT CARE.i THOUGHT MAY A PRO RATION ON PRICE OR SOMETHING.I GOT NOTHING.NEVER AGAIN!!

@Steven Cheek

Dear Steven,

Clean your grill! Your fault not manufacturer or Lowe's.

The American ***

Ever thought of just returning the grill and buying another one instead of whining and complaining about the one you have that doesn't work?....grills aren't meant to last forever and in this day and age products like that are MADE to break down quickly so you can just buy another one. Its 2012 *** near and honestly no one really sincerely cares about your trivial issues...especially the guy making $12 an hr who sold you the grill, or the guy at the masterforge call center making $14 an hr to sit there and listen to your whining over nothing. Just return it and get a new one...simple.

I purchased a 4 burner Master Forge grill from Lowe's in April 2011 by July 2011 the green hood became pitted with white spots. Although I clean and then cover after each use the hood remains unsightly. I believe this hood was never designed to withstand the temperatures that grilling produces.I hope Lowe's or Master Forge corrects this and replaces all covers made improperly.