Purchased a TF1600 Power washer last season from Lowe's. Used it 2x.

Then stored it properly for the winter. Tried to use it today. it's totally cooked! Spoke to a CS rep that had a script.

The script told me that the builtin powercord GFCI was shorted. After 2 uses? Yes she said. She sent me to their special website to buy the part.

The site does not have the part available. So I called back...their phone message says that they are there 24 / 7 to help! Guess what - they are not. They said we're not here now...leave a message.

I went back to the website and emailed their CS help dept.

Do yourself a favor. go to homedepot or other.

Good Luck Lowe's!

Peter S.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Website.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 30, 2010.

Comments

I want a pressure washer for cleaning the vehicles, home, roadways and much more. I purchased this TF1600 Power washer.This pressure washer is easy to use.

their power, performance, durability is good. best pressure washer

Same thing. 2 uses and done.

The power source is fine, and the GFCI functions properly, but when I hit the power on the unit, nothing.

Deader than fried chicken. What a rip-off.

Tomball, Texas, United States #848574

I had the same problem. I got no response from Task Force period.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #824816

Disconnecting the micro switch solved my issue. Thanks for the advice.

These things just are not made to last. At least it prolonged the life and saved me some $$.

Hiawatha, Iowa, United States #692228

It probably was the seized plunger for the pressure micro switch. I have also had an issue with my tf1600 - pulled it out to clean the garage floor.

Hooked everything up, plugged it in - nothing. Took it apart and found the plunger for micro pressure switch was seized up. Took that apart, cleaned it up, greased up moving parts - now works better than new. The case was somewhat of a challenge to get into though.

7 screws on the back and then had to pry the front cover off.

Worst case scenario if this doesn't fix it; would be to leave the micro switch disconnected from the plunger but then YOU would have to turn on and off the pressure washer to prevent damage. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue.

to Same issue #998842

THANKS 'SAME ISSUE' from Hiawatha Iowa!!!

I had given up on my TF1600 based on it still being frozen after following all troubleshooting guidelines.

After reading all the negative reviews, I thought I was done, but your pointing me toward the plunger for the microswitch made sense. I took it apart and found that my microswitch plunger was frozen like yours.

It didn't want to come out, so I dribbled some Triflo onto it and gently worked it out, then greased it up as you recommended. Reassembled and it worked like a charm.

Note: if anyone tries this, test your machine before going to the trouble of putting the cover back on.

I agree it may say Task Force, but a distributor like Lowes or whomever has a responsiblity to it's customers not to sell junk. There are too many posts about 1 or 2 uses and the machine not working

Bought the 1600 and used it once before it quit working. It was brand new and took it right back to Lowes.

They replaced it since it was only a week old. Used the 2nd one once and put it in safe and proper storage. Took it out 2 weeks ago and guess what--- it doesn't work. I plug it in and ...

nothing, nada, zip, zilch. I called the customer service line, left a message not once but 3 different times over the last 2 weeks.

I've gotten the same thing that I got from the powerwasher--nothing, nada,zip, zilch. Now what?????

Same thing happened to me. Used the Task Force PW 2-3 times last year, stored it properly.

This year it doesn't get any power. The Task Force PW is a product that Lowes sells as their store brand. They chose to sell it in their store. Therefore they are responsible.

I was still in warranty when the power washer stopped working. I have called Task Force twice and each time was promised a shipping label to send it back to them to fix. Still yet to recieve a label.

Rediculous. Yes, I will always shop at Home Depot from now on.

I bought a PF 1600 Task Force pressure washer, used it once, stored it in the garage for a year. Tried to use it today - it's cooked. Task Force personnel no help.

I know of two ther people who had the same problem

I used my power washer 2 times and it quit on me. I agree go to Home Depot.

I am from now on. :cry

I called 1866 788 5598. There was a message that laster about 3 minutes, and then the system hung up on me.

Easier way to do this would be through their website www.taskforcepowerwasher.com. They have a live chat feature which is decently fast.

Dear valued customer:

I am a Customer Service Representative at the Power washer Company. Please accept my apology for the issue you experienced with your pressure washer.

Please contact us at 888 550 1606 or cservice@fna-group.com

When leaving us a voicemail, please provide your full telephone number including the area code. We also ask that you speak clearly.

Reference this posting when you make contact and we will resolve this issue to your full satisfaction.

Husky Customer Service Team

somebody needs to switch to decaf

CustomerServiceRep

Dear valued customer:

I am a Customer Service Representative at the TaskForce Power washer Company. Please accept my apology for the issue you experienced with your pressure washer.

Please contact us at 866-788-5598 or corporate2@fna-group.com

TaskForce Customer Service Team

I highly doubt the product u bought is called a LOWES power washer maybe it's task force or something of that nature?! And it has a brand name for a reason, because the manufacture made it NOT lowes , lowes may try to help u call the manufacture .

Do u have ur reciept? I doubt u got the extra protection plan... That would be the lowes warrenty and it would have benifited u greatly by paying the 10$ and having the coverage form lowes then u would have brought the product back and got a replacement. A manufactures warrenty means u have to deal straight with the manuf.

And yes that can be a pain. BUT ITS NOT LOWES FAULT!!!! The manuf. Is responcibly!...

Products break all the time but u don't *** like a little girl and blame it on the store do u?! No u didn't wanna get the lowes warrenty so now u have to deal with the manuf! Grow up and accept responcibility for ur mistakes dint blame lowes and cry cause u bought something there that broke... U shouldn't even b dealing with lowes u should be complaning about the manufacture!!!!

Lowes does not make the products they sell them...

Like if I bought a product from u and a year later it broke u wod say sorry I didn't make it call the manuf.!!! U baby!!!!

to Ang #847295

that time of month, Ang? What a bitchy response to people who bought these *** products.