1.4
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

My husband and I did an approximate $45,000 home remodeling project over the past 24 months. The final project was to replace carpet with very expensive Cali Flooring bamboo flooring from Lowe's.

We were given a 12 month full "guarantee". Within 2 weeks, the flooring began buckling and planks coming up. It took almost 6 weeks of contacting Lowe's to get any response. They finally replaced the flooring.

After the 2nd installation, within 8 weeks, the flooring started buckling and it took 12 weeks to get any action from Lowe's. We felt they were trying to ride out the 12 month guarantee. The fingers started pointing..... Lowe's hired an hard floor industry expert that determined the problem was from the installed nailing the baseboard to the planks so that the floor cannot float.

Lowe's denied any further responsibility and pushed it to their installer, and eventually to their insurance carrier Nationwide. Nationwide has denied the claim; Lowe's has not taken any responsibility, and now we are out $15,000 of unusable flooring. My home looks horrible and the buckling is worse every day. DON'T USE LOWE'S!

I just told my husband that if he ever walked into another Lowe's and spent one cent, he'd be out the door. Out of the $45,000 we spent on this remodel 80% was purchased through Lowe's and 20% at Home Depot. Our remodeler tried to warn us about Lowe's and the way they really treat their customers, but we didn't listen. SHAMEFUL company!

I hope they all rot in *** for what they have done. We're two paramedics, and it took us a long time to save that money.

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to "let them rot in ***" as the author lost $15000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Lowes. The most disappointing about lowes flooring installation from Lowes was any experience i had during this home remodel process Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lowes.

Comments

Cleveland, Ohio, United States #1259392

Lowe's is only responsible for the warranty ONE TIME! After that it is up to the manufacturer to either stand behind their product or not.

You shouldn't have gone to a DISCOUNT home improvement store to buy an item just because it was cheaper then it might have been somewhere else. Don't blame the player, blame the game.

to Anonymous Westfield, Indiana, United States #1262539

Sounds like it was installed incorrectly. The installers come from Lowes so yes it is their responsibility.

I can't get ahold of anyone to install my carpet. They simply don't answer or return calls.