My wife and I bought a Troybilt riding mower from Lowe's on April the 29th of this year. The first 5 or 6 mowings worked great. Then the belt started slipping off and kept slipping off. After one "repair" and trying to line up another one, I asked for an exchange or upgrade from the store. I was told by two store managers that, even though it had been less than two months, because their policy states 30 days, they wouldn't take it back. One manager even told me they would loose money all around if they did it. But no word on my money lost.

Now, I am waiting for another repair and have had it slip a total of 4 times. It started bellowing white smoke out of the engine today and I have no idea what's going on, as the oil is full.

To add insult to injury, their "Promotional" credit card deal stated 12 months, no interest, no payments. Then the last two days we've had a total of 5 phone calls demanding money. Apparently, the very find print stated that not everything was covered under this. When I told them this was very misleading, they got rude.

This company is rotten and some of their products are known junk. I've found numerous complaints like mine, about Troybilt and Lowe's. I would advice to steer clear of both Lowe's and Troybilt, if you need a similar product. The stress just isn't worth it.

D

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Manager.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 09, 2009.

Comments

Policy on OPE (outdoor power equipment) returns is 30 days. The warranty is through the manufacturer, not the Lowe's store where you made the purchase.

That said, if it has gone out for repair and you are still having problems with it, you should ask to speak with the store manager. Explain (rationally) your problems and frustration. He or she will probably make an exception and allow you to return the item. If nothing else, there is a "lemon" policy where if the item has been sent for repair 3 times and is still not working, the store is supposed to refund it for you.

If none of that works, contact the manufacturer and explain your problem.

Ask them for an RA# (refund authorization) to give to the Lowe's store. This will ensure that Lowe's gets their credit on the defective item and they should have no problem returning it.

Lowes also sells a Extended Protection Plan that provides additional protections where you wouldn't pay for repairs or service for additional years. When you decided not to spend that additional money, you were accepting the manufacturer warranty on the mower.

Lowes does not manufacturer a single product. If you have a problem with the protect, contact the manufacturer.

Wow. People really read the posts in here.

I clearly stated that I went through all the channels. I tried to abide by the warranty. And when the repairs didn't get done, LOWE'S, not me, pointed me toward the store I made the purchase.

I've worked retail before. It amazes me how arrogant people are when they have never had a raw deal. They make sweeping statements about how its all the consumer's fault and heaven forbid the store ever make any mistakes.

I'm glad you've had great experiences with Lowe's. Up until the situation so have I. I hope you don't have to deal with the frustration of all this nonsense.

The bottom line is, I bought a product that started breaking down repeatedly, less than two months into the purchase. The repairs weren't working and the Store manager told me they would loose to much money to make a return.

I find it difficult to believe that an honest guy trying to play by the rules is ALL to blame here and Lowe's is saintly.I still can't quite see in my post above where I've yelled at lowly employees. In fact, I haven't yelled at anyone. Its sad that no one seems to remember a time when businesses treated their customers with value and not a number.

Find another website to troll.

While you are complaining to the store employee think to yourself has that person been YELLED at all day by idiots that have no clue .....Think what could be worse things like maybe not having a life or a job or maybe they make little and support their family on this job and all they do is listen to complaing Jerks who dont care if you have feelings or not GROW UP people move on shop at other stores and shut up!Single mother of # supporting her children on Lowes great employment Ty Lowes

You cant blame the store they are doing policy and I have had wonderful returns done by Lowes it is just who really listens to retailers and who is the first for you to blame surely not YOURSELF

Whoops, that's supposed to be "absolve yourself".

Ever hear of the lemon law?

If you are a retailer and you sell a bad product, should you resolve yourself by putting up a short return time? That's what most of them do. I find it strange that most in Lowe's agree with me, that it should be returned. But at the moment, its entirely up the store manager.

I'm not the kind of guy that tries to rip people off and I certainly am well aware of how a warranty works, as I purchased one. But when I continuously have the same problem, that isn't getting better with repairs, then something is wrong.

Businesses like to lean back on their legal documents that state terms, but what is left out is the human factor and a strong commitment to responsibility. I've gone above and beyond to get things done the "Lowe's Way". While they have done nothing.

Awka, Anambra, Nigeria #62301

Have you ever purchased a new vehicle? If something goes wrong you have it fixed, you can't return it.

The warranty or power equipment works the same way. The manufacturer will have it fixed at a service center. THEY WON'T TAKE IT BACK.

The warranty is provided by the manufacturer, not the store you buy it at. If you don't like the warranty don't blame the retailer.

#61983