I went to Lowe's earlier today to get a box of ceramic wall tiles. I try going through the Self Checkout because my 2 year old was being a nightmare and I didn't want to wait in line.

I picked up the HEAVY box (80 tiles) out of my cart, and the scanner scans the wrong barcode, so it says 'Unidentified Item'. There is an employee monitoring the self checkout lanes and he is standing there talking to a friend. He looks at me standing there several times before I finally had to ask him to come help me. He picks the box back up to scan the right barcode, then pretty much DROPS the box on the floor.

You could hear at least 10 tiles breaking. He looked at me and said "Whoops, guess you better go get another box" and walks off! He also told me to take the broken box back with me and put it back on the shelf. The tile aisle is in the VERY back of the store.

Of course didn't take the broken box back with me and it was still sitting on the floor when I got back up to the front of the store with the new box of tiles, and he was standing there talking to his friend again. If I wasn't so in a hurry to leave I would have asked to speak with a supervisor.

He should have been the one to get me a new box, or at least paged another employee to do it. That behavior was extremely rude and I plan on making all my purchases elsewhere.

Comments