I bought a Troy-Bilt bagging lawnmower model TB110 with two year warranty on 04/02/2011. Since I have two other lawnmowers, I use the bagging lawnmower only for bagging leaves in the fall.

After about 6.5 hours of use, the lawnmower stopped running and neither Troy-Bilt or Lowe's will honor the warranty despite having 5 months left on it. Now they want to charge me $115 for repairing a $190 lawnmower.

My other two lawnmowers were purchased in 1971 and in 1995. Together they have given me 58 years of reliable service. I take very good care of my equipment, so both mowers are still running well.

The Troy-Bilt aka MTD (foreign company-owned now) lawnmower has run for only 6.5 hours before requiring overhaul. After calling Troy-Bilt for approved repair shops, they gave me six names of operators. One was dead, two were out of business, one only worked on equipment purchased from them and one said they would not repair Troy-Bilt products because they could not get reimbursed for warranty work.

Lowe's is selling junk as stated on your site Aug. 14, 2009.

Comments

Fort Worth, Texas, United States #600323

Ok.....So this is an issue of a defective PRODUCT, so blame the manufacturer, not the company that sold it. The quality of Troy Built equipment went down-hill after they were bought-out by MTD. The very same thing happened to Cub Cadet.

MTD maybe an American owned private company, but most of their stuff is made in CHINA. "Tell us what the $115 quote is for.

To replace a carburetor you gummed up with bad gas? To repair a bent crankshaft after you struck a tree root or mowed branches with a unit designed to cut grass? To clean a fuel system and air cleaner after you tipped the mower carb side down filling the paper cartridge with oil?

It's not the equipment... it's YOU"

RetailCop
Dallas, Texas, United States #568694

I'm glad there is somebody else on my patrol beat Mrs. Anne.

I'm just doing my job. Protecting and serving retail associates!!

MTD is an American owned private company.

Tell us what the $115 quote is for. To replace a carburetor you gummed up with bad gas?

It's not the equipment... it's YOU