My father is a Veteran and entitiled to a 10% discount at Lowe's. Since there was nice weather 11/06/11, went to Lowe's - While waiting to be checked out, in order to receive the 10% Veterans discount, they need an "override" to do so. While waiting patiently, Sondra of the garden department who was standing around doing NOTHING came over and said aloud, "they need to do away with these Veteran's benefits" - it was very clear, there was no mistaking what she said...my father served this county and was wounded in battle - we apologize we took and extra 5 minutes of Sondra's time, now she can again focus her energy on the empty store, she'll never see us again.

Comments

Saint Robert, Missouri, United States #805500

I work at Lowes and about 70% of our customers are affiliated with the military since we are close to a military base.... we don't need an override because of this and I assure you that Lowes does not support that employee's opinion.

especially Store 2769.... please do not judge the whole company based on one interaction.... I always make it a point to make my customers fell like im their friend I have customers who have invited me to their kids birthday parties and even hug me when they see me.... I make it a point to look out for the customer even if it gets me in trouble....

and trust me it happens a lot.... im saddened to hear that a fellow Lowes employee conducted themselves that way.... for the record I work in the Garden center also and most of my favorite customers are military or are military spouses.... I want to wrap up my post by saying im sorry that Sondra said something soo inconsiderate and disrespectful.

I also want to thank your father for his service...

Respectfully