Product: Lowes Advertisement Clear all filters (8 of 8 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Poor Customer Services and Malfunctioning Phone System

I placed my 1st order online to be picked up gulfgate store houston, tx store that said it had it available. I even entered my credit card and received confirmation order # that it has been submitted. When I called pasadena, tx store to make sure they had my online order for pickup, message said store is now closed, but website said store closes at 9:00. Called Gulfgate store so I can pickup my 2nd order and they said they close at 9:00 so I had almost an hour to get there. When I drove 45 miles to get to the store, the lady at customer service said my order was cancelled. I never received any form of contact that it was cancelled. I called corp office and spoke to Nick #1940475. He said it is available for delivery at full price and delivery would be an additional $79. He would not offer it to me for the price I paid for it online nor deliver it to the store for free. I told him that was bait and switch tactics or false advertisement and that I wanted to speak to a manager. He said he was the manager. I asked to speak to his boss and he said there was no one above him as if he was the CEO and owner of Lowe's. I told him I will be submitting my complaint to the better business bureau, as well as any media station and newspaper that would be more than happy to provide negative publicity for Lowe's. I asked why does phone message say a pasadena store is closed at 8:10 but the internet says it closes at 9:00. He said their phone system has a problem that they are trying to resolve. I asked him how was I suppose to verify if my order is ready for pickup if I cant get through. He said dial 0. I called pasadena store again at 8:45 and dialed 0 and customer service said they are open until 9:00. I told her I could have picked up my order 30 minutes ago had their phone system not tell me they were closed. She said it only says that 15 minutes before closing. I told her I called at 8:10 not 8:45 and it said store were closed. She said she never heard that as if I were lying to her and said store will be closing in 12 minutes. I told her it would take me at least 15 minutes to get there and she repeated the store will be closing in 12 minutes. I am extremely disappointed in Loews and will no longer shop there. Your customer service stinks and they do not attempt to help or make things right.
Lowes Advertisement
Cons
  • Corporate policey
  • Unwilling to help
  • Bait and switch tactics
Reason of review
order it when it was half off. Now they want full price before they deliver
Preferred solution
Price reduction
Tags
  • Malfunctioning Phone System

Lowes in Sacramento, California - Delivery of used and dirty 800-series dishwasher

I ordered Online Lowes by last Thanksgiving a Bosch 800-Series dishwasher and paid almost $900 for that. About 3 weeks later on Dec 15, Lowes Citrus Height delivered an used and dirty dishwasher to my home. There is still much water, vapor, and even food inside the tub. Right after the delivery, my wife checked and saw that and called Lowes Customer Care to complain about this. It was an used, returned item; i.e. not a brand new one as we paid for. Today Sat Dec 19, I returned the dishwasher to Lowes by Calvine Rd, Sacramento CA. Again lot of headaches with that store at the check in counter: - They said it was a special order. That is why I have to live with that. My reply would be that I don't care about what order, as long as I paid a brand new one, I should receive a brand new one. With a similarly used Bosch dishwasher, people can have it with half of the price in SearsOutlet. - They said I bought from Lowes Citrus Height, I should have to return to Citrus Height, not to Calvine Lowes. My reply would be I ordered by Lowes Online. Delivering the product from wherever belongs to Lowes, not myself. I even told them I called your store-Calvine before the return, and got confirmed that I could return to your store; i.e. not having to drive to another city-Citrus Height. - They kept saying that I paid by cash in Citrus Height, so they need a receipt. My reply would be I bought Online and paid with my Lowes credit card; i.e. something wrong with their computer system. Finally I asked to talk to their manager. When the appliance manager came, I showed her the dirty part, the dishwasher door full of stains. I told her the tub was full of water and even food. Her reply would be that normal as they run water for testing. I just don't know how to say to her. She should have known that all tests should be done by the factory; i.e. not by the store. Any returned item (i.e. like from Macy's or Costco) needs to be marked "Returned". It is illegal to ship an used, possibly defective item to customers as brand new one while the advertisement as well as payment agreement are for a brand new product.
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Riverside County, California - False Advertisement.....They immediately run out of the advertised item

Mira Loma, California Store Very bad customer service, took 10 minutes to find an associate just to find out that they ran out of product they advertised a few days ago. The ad didn't say anything about limited quantities or no rain check issued and they didn't even try offering a comparable item. The associate started arguing about advertisement and was just rude. Totally Garbage store and terrible customer service & full of rude people. Better go to their competitor or even better support a local nursery. Totally Garbage store and terrible customer service & full of rude people....Better go to their competitor or even better support a local nursery.
mstevenson918

Had the same experience at their Ocala, Florida store. Rude, lazy employees.

And they hang sales flyers on more expensive items then try to substitute a much cheaper item. We picked out a bathroom vanity that had a sales flyer attached to it but there weren't any of that vanity boxed up so we asked an employee to see if they had any in stock and she said she would check which color do we want and I said the exact one there and pointed at it and added the white one. She said ohhhhh THAT particular vanity isn't on sale..the one that is on sale is one without any drawers. I said well why in the world would you hang a sales flyer on THAT vanity.

Put it on the one that is on sale...Like. ..DUH !!! But then we saw that was a common practice throughout the store. I guess some people will go ahead and pay the higher price because they liked the item they believed was on sale so much that once at the register they won't say no take it back and bring me the less desirable sale item.

It's a VERY low down, dirty practice, is VERY misleading, and is FALSE advertisment.

If it isn't an illegal practice, it certainly should be !

Sounds like you went in to buy plants. The ads often show a variety of plants at a given price.

Lowes and most other stores don't have acres of land out back where they grow plants. The get shipments in form various nurseries.

You can't expect them to have an unlimited supply of every variety of plant on hand every day. You have unreasonable expectations of a store that sells live plants.

@Anonymous

@ Anonymous: YOU have to be a Lowe's corporate cronie who trolls these boards making up excuses for extremely poor customer service. And I'm here to tell you, you may as well stop defending them because first off there is NO excuse for horrible customer service and secondly after the experience I had with Lowe's I am here to post after each one of your snide, rude posts and shut you down from trying to make the customer feel inadequate or to blame because apparently after having such a bad experience they must feel like the ONLY mistake they made was to attempt to shop at Lowe's in the first place.

The original poster is by far in the right to expect an equal item if Lowe's marketing employees are too *** to put the disclaimer of limited supplies, sorry no rain checks.

But even with that disclaimer I wouldn't go shop at the store. The correct and customer service thing to do is offer an item of equal value or a rain check when they have another shipment in.

@mstevenson918

It's a well known fact that Lowe's and Home Depot hire companies to contradict any negative comments against them. It's a new thing called internet reputation management. That's what this guy is.

@klaatu

Well its ONLY making them look worse. (IF that's possible) He comes out immediately slamming the original poster and Lowe's customer!

He is an incessant bully that I hope Lowe's wakes up soon and realizes he is only making the situation go from really really bad to horrible! He tries to make them feel *** or like whatever issue they had was their fault somehow. Instead of acknowledging and fixing the REAL issue...HORRIBLE customer service ! It's soooo simple to fix.

IF Lowe's really cared about their customers.

View more comments (4)
Review
#611961 Review #611961 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Advertisement
Cons
  • Customer service received
  • Lack of response
  • Service
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Bristol, Virginia - Fraud Advertising

Lowes - Fraud Advertising
On the Lowes Website, the Bristol Lowes Store has the James Hardee Cedarmill Lap Siding, Item # 26892 for $1.83. I wanted to buy 138 pieces, however the Bristol store will only sell me four pieces at that price. They have more of the same identical item in stock, but they say it is a different item number. They say the manufacture is changing the item number, but they refuse to sell it to me at the sale price. The online item states that is on sale until July 8th, 2014. It does not say that this item is discontinue and will sale the quantity that is available only at the Bristol store. This item does exist at other Lowes store, but not at the sale price. This is a illegally/fraud advertisement.

You don't mark a price down 75% unless you are trying to clear it out. They can't sell you more than they have on hand.

You may find a low price like this due the fact that this location doesn't stock the product got stuck taking some back from someone that bought it at a location that does stock it.

The only way to get rid of it is to sell it for pennies on the dollar. Too bad people don't have enough sense to take returns back to the location they bought them at.

Nothing illegal about it. There is no law stating they have to honor a price. Here's the real problem they tried and explain to you the price difference, but you refused to accept their answer.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Bought a lawn mower from Lowes that developed into a headache

We purchased a riding lawnmover in the store and the advertisement said next day delivery. When we finished the transaction (this was on a Saturday) we were told that the earliest delivery date would be Thursday, well that didn't work for us so we had to schedule another day 14 days out because of our work schedule. The delivery men called on the day of delivery and stated that it would be 4 hours later than the agreed upon time and if we wanted we could reschedule. We said no, we want it delivered today. When the lawnmover arrived the men could not even get it off the truck because the battery was dead, so they stated we can take it back if you like and you can reschedule to have it re-delivered. They also went on to tell us that they were delivery drivers from another Lowe's store due to all the New Bern delivery drivers calling out of work. So we called the manager at the New Bern Lowes store and informed her of what happened and she matter-of-dactyl said, well you can bring the battery back and we will recharge it for you. Not I'm sorry for the inconvenience or anything. We finally got the battery charged and got to cut our grass three weeks later. I so very dislike Lowes not just for this incident but for others.
nikalseyn
#762048

Sounds like you are complaining just for the sake of complaining. Lowe's fixed the problem and seems to have tried their best to get the machine to you, etc.

Also, not sure why you feel the need to someone to say "sorry for the inconvenience" or similar.

People tend to apologize for every little thing, even when it is something beyond their control. I hope you bought a John Deere---otherwise, you will probably be sorry, anyway.

Lowes in Hickory, North Carolina - Deceptive Incentives

I received a promotional "spend $50 and get $10 off/spend $250 and get $25 off" with cards attached to present to the cashier. We spent $337.94 and I gave the girl the card, first she said she couldn't use that, but then took it. When I looked at the receipt, all I was given was 5% off - which I always get for using my credit card. When I called, what I was told by a Customer Service clerk AND a Customer Service Supervisor, is that Lowes does not allow you to "stack" discounts. What? Her explanation is that it's on the flyer AND on the website so I should have known. So, the promotion said come in and use this - but they don't really mean it! It's pretty close to fraud to me - make the offer look good and people don't read the really really fine print and oh, they should know because it's on the website. Why bother to send it out! Oh, I know, because most people don't even look! NEVER GOING TO LOWES AGAIN!!! Cut up my card.

They are still doing it almost 3 years later. Checker only mentioned it after transaction complete.

Maybe people don't care but I would guess they have lost more customers and have come out on the losing end. The stores are never very busy.

I TELL THE CUSTOMERS IF THEY HAVE SAY TEN ITEMS TO BUY,BUY EACH ITEM SEPARATELY WITH THE LOWES CARD AND GET 5% OFF EACH ITEM. THAT WOULD TOTAL 50%. but do it at different stores or different casheir because lowes will catch on to you soon.

@***OCIATE

You know that's incorrect right? It would still be 5% off the lump sum... 5% off each item equal 5% off the total amount.

Then I would have to ask YOU why would You keep shopping at Lowes?

Promotions are to get people into the store. Why should they stack?

Legally it's not fraud if it clearly stated somewhere on the promotion it is not useable with other discounts. Why you so angry about a minor discount? Stores need to make money!

If they don't make money they shut down and you no longer have anywhere to shop but WALMART.

@Heartless

If they had told the consumer at the register --either get the 5% with the card or this promotional discount then of course this misunderstanding would not have happened! I received coupon for them that MENTIONS NOTHING about stacking of discounts as we also qualify for a 10% DVA discount I went in to buy a dryer and was told I could not even THOUGH IT DOES NOT SAY that the discount cannot be used with the coupon and vice versa.

The mark up on the dryer is such that deep discounts can be given and they make more then their required margin. So I won't be shopping at Lowe's any longer.

@Caseyd6

It may have been in the fine print on the coupon or in the terms of your credit card, but I will agree that the cashier should have said something. Most stores will say, "You can either use your Lowe's card and get 5% off, or you can pay a different way and use the coupon, which is more to your benefit."

Keep in mind that, at least by me, since they are literally across the street from each other, Lowe's and Home Depot will accept each other's coupons. So Lowe's should not have kept your coupon if they only gave you the 5% discount for using their card and disallowed use of the coupon - then you could at least go use it at Home Depot.

View more comments (6)

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Did not allow credit card discount on special order

I applied for a Lowes credit card. The brochure states that you will get a 5% discount. It has exceptions, but those exceptions do not include special orders. I call it "bait and switch." I ordered a bath fixture and went to pay for it and did not get the 5% discount. The store manager said that the 5% does not apply to special orders even though it is not stated at an exception in the advertisement for applying for the card. My only option is to go to small claims court and get some kind of satisfaction with this complaint.

Target Red Card is 5% immediate discount - on sale msde or not. When I use Visa MC AEX Discover Card etc.

I get my reward whether or not the item is on sale. But I guess since my large window order is 15% off this month it is really only 10% off.

So there is no incentive to use their card and I won't.

I find you amusing to say the least. Have you been through a small claims process with a large corporation?

Their attorneys would use your court documents as toilet paper.

You also would be wasting 4-5 hours of your life for absolutly nothing. Let it go flyboy go get a refund and go elsewhere.

Special orders are definitely included for the 5% off, except for Electrolux or Fisher Paykel appliances. As someone else stated, any discounted item won't qualify for 5% off.

And....you're seriously thinking of going to small claims for a 5% off discount? Wow. Get a life.

Flyboy

Yes, that is the company line, however, it is not what is advertised on the brochure offering the discount when one uses the Lowes credit card.

Flyboy,

Special orders are included unless the price was already discounted. For instance if the fixture was normally $300.00 and they are running a 10% off of that item then you would not get the 5% However if you bought the item at full price you indeed should get the 5% off.

Our systems are set up not to offer it though on a previous discounted item. Double dipping. Sorry for the problem.

Special order items are included though. That manager needs to read up on policy

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Stone Mountain, Georgia - Waiting on free nail gun for one month

Sale paper advertisement stated buy 12 inch Hitachi dual miter saw and get a 2 inch Hitachi brad nailer free.We went to the Lowe's store before sale was over which was Sept 23.They said we could pick up nail gun on October 01.I called a week after pickup date and they said it had not come in.Then on October 9 we went to Lowe's and ask why it was taking so long.They called store on Dallas hwy and they had 4 at that store but they said we could not get one there, we would have to wait until they got some at that store.I explained to girl at inf desk we really needed it on the 9 but she said we would just have to wait.She was talking to someone named mark on the phone in store.The store where we bought this is on east west connector in Austell, Ga.We have bought many things in Lowe's including my Freezer,so I would appreciate an explanation on my email.(janetwilloughby91@yahoo.com.)We are very disappointed and was in Statesboro,Ga this past weekend and mentioned the way the Lowe's here in Austell has treated this matter.As of today Oct 17 we have heard nothing.We are very disappointed at the way this has been handled.Janet Willoughby.
#201478

If you are upset because you did not get something for free you have issues.

Review
#203056 Review #203056 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111