Product: Lowes Advertisement Rating: 1 Star Clear all filters (2 of 8 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Poor Customer Services and Malfunctioning Phone System

I placed my 1st order online to be picked up gulfgate store houston, tx store that said it had it available. I even entered my credit card and received confirmation order # that it has been submitted. When I called pasadena, tx store to make sure they had my online order for pickup, message said store is now closed, but website said store closes at 9:00. Called Gulfgate store so I can pickup my 2nd order and they said they close at 9:00 so I had almost an hour to get there. When I drove 45 miles to get to the store, the lady at customer service said my order was cancelled. I never received any form of contact that it was cancelled. I called corp office and spoke to Nick #1940475. He said it is available for delivery at full price and delivery would be an additional $79. He would not offer it to me for the price I paid for it online nor deliver it to the store for free. I told him that was bait and switch tactics or false advertisement and that I wanted to speak to a manager. He said he was the manager. I asked to speak to his boss and he said there was no one above him as if he was the CEO and owner of Lowe's. I told him I will be submitting my complaint to the better business bureau, as well as any media station and newspaper that would be more than happy to provide negative publicity for Lowe's. I asked why does phone message say a pasadena store is closed at 8:10 but the internet says it closes at 9:00. He said their phone system has a problem that they are trying to resolve. I asked him how was I suppose to verify if my order is ready for pickup if I cant get through. He said dial 0. I called pasadena store again at 8:45 and dialed 0 and customer service said they are open until 9:00. I told her I could have picked up my order 30 minutes ago had their phone system not tell me they were closed. She said it only says that 15 minutes before closing. I told her I called at 8:10 not 8:45 and it said store were closed. She said she never heard that as if I were lying to her and said store will be closing in 12 minutes. I told her it would take me at least 15 minutes to get there and she repeated the store will be closing in 12 minutes. I am extremely disappointed in Loews and will no longer shop there. Your customer service stinks and they do not attempt to help or make things right.
Review
Service
Lowes Advertisement
Cons
  • False advertisement
  • Corporate policey
  • Unwilling to help
Reason of review
order it when it was half off. Now they want full price before they deliver
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction
Tags
  • Malfunctioning Phone System

Lowes in Riverside County, California - False Advertisement.....They immediately run out of the advertised item

Mira Loma, California Store Very bad customer service, took 10 minutes to find an associate just to find out that they ran out of product they advertised a few days ago. The ad didn't say anything about limited quantities or no rain check issued and they didn't even try offering a comparable item. The associate started arguing about advertisement and was just rude. Totally Garbage store and terrible customer service & full of rude people. Better go to their competitor or even better support a local nursery. Totally Garbage store and terrible customer service & full of rude people....Better go to their competitor or even better support a local nursery.
mstevenson918

Had the same experience at their Ocala, Florida store. Rude, lazy employees.

And they hang sales flyers on more expensive items then try to substitute a much cheaper item. We picked out a bathroom vanity that had a sales flyer attached to it but there weren't any of that vanity boxed up so we asked an employee to see if they had any in stock and she said she would check which color do we want and I said the exact one there and pointed at it and added the white one. She said ohhhhh THAT particular vanity isn't on sale..the one that is on sale is one without any drawers. I said well why in the world would you hang a sales flyer on THAT vanity.

Put it on the one that is on sale...Like. ..DUH !!! But then we saw that was a common practice throughout the store. I guess some people will go ahead and pay the higher price because they liked the item they believed was on sale so much that once at the register they won't say no take it back and bring me the less desirable sale item.

It's a VERY low down, dirty practice, is VERY misleading, and is FALSE advertisment.

If it isn't an illegal practice, it certainly should be !

Sounds like you went in to buy plants. The ads often show a variety of plants at a given price.

Lowes and most other stores don't have acres of land out back where they grow plants. The get shipments in form various nurseries.

You can't expect them to have an unlimited supply of every variety of plant on hand every day. You have unreasonable expectations of a store that sells live plants.

@Anonymous

@ Anonymous: YOU have to be a Lowe's corporate cronie who trolls these boards making up excuses for extremely poor customer service. And I'm here to tell you, you may as well stop defending them because first off there is NO excuse for horrible customer service and secondly after the experience I had with Lowe's I am here to post after each one of your snide, rude posts and shut you down from trying to make the customer feel inadequate or to blame because apparently after having such a bad experience they must feel like the ONLY mistake they made was to attempt to shop at Lowe's in the first place.

The original poster is by far in the right to expect an equal item if Lowe's marketing employees are too *** to put the disclaimer of limited supplies, sorry no rain checks.

But even with that disclaimer I wouldn't go shop at the store. The correct and customer service thing to do is offer an item of equal value or a rain check when they have another shipment in.

@mstevenson918

It's a well known fact that Lowe's and Home Depot hire companies to contradict any negative comments against them. It's a new thing called internet reputation management. That's what this guy is.

@klaatu

Well its ONLY making them look worse. (IF that's possible) He comes out immediately slamming the original poster and Lowe's customer!

He is an incessant bully that I hope Lowe's wakes up soon and realizes he is only making the situation go from really really bad to horrible! He tries to make them feel *** or like whatever issue they had was their fault somehow. Instead of acknowledging and fixing the REAL issue...HORRIBLE customer service ! It's soooo simple to fix.

IF Lowe's really cared about their customers.

View more comments (4)
Review
#611961 Review #611961 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Lowes Advertisement
Cons
  • Customer service received
  • Lack of response
  • Service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111