I was told at a Lowes retail store that non-service dogs are allowed in their stores so long as they have a leash. I explained that I am allergic to dogs and allowing more dogs in the store is bad for me and that I will no longer shop there if this is really the policy.

They told me it was a corporate policy. I have contacted the corporate headquarters who confirmed this. Lowes has just lost a customer and I will now buy my products via Amazon.

I guess they like dogs more than having customers. Funny that they sell allergy filters in the store but don't do anything to eliminate the allergen problen in their stores.

Reason of review: They want dogs not customers in their store.

Preferred solution: Change your dog policy to allow only service animals..

I didn't like: Allow non-service dogs in store.

Comments

You need to have realistic expectations. Their utilitarian pet policy will not be changed for one customer, sorry.

flippette

They are not going to change corporate policy for you. Get real .

The dogs aren't in your house or in a confined space with you. If you can't handle encountering dogs in public places have you talked to your doctor about medication to help with your problem? I'd much rather encounter a well behaved pet in a store than an inconsiderate human.

to Anonymous #1386925

Why even mention about the behavior of animal or human. That has no bearing in this topic of health.

Are you only allergic to non-service dogs? The entire world is full of allergens and pollution. Stay in the house if you can't handle it.

to Respiratory Sister #1386924

So we now live in a world where people are the prisoners and the pets get to live in the real world.