I am trying to get carpet installed by Lowes. I will never use them again.

What started out as a 7-10 day project is now at a month and counting. I have spoken with the flooring Manager , The senior manager, store manager and the corporate complaint center. It started with the measuring. It took five days to get someone to come out.

Then they said it would be ordered and installed in a week. I called back in a week because I hadn't heard from them and they said it would be another 7- 10 days. I was of course upset with this and silly me asked them if they could rush it. They called mohawk to see what they could do.

I was then informed that instead of the added 7 - 10 days it would be 2 weeks before the carpet was even in this state.

I asked to cancel the contract and they said sorry it was passed the 3 day cancellation but if I wanted to come in and change my carpet for something that was in-stock they could have it out in ,you guessed it, 7 - 10 days. The best response I can get is "sorry about your luck" and thanks for shopping at Lowes

Comments

Unless you want an ongoing nightmare, don't buy carpet from Lowe's. First they installed the wrong carpet!!!

They didn't take the new carpet off of the truck until they had torn out my old carpet. When I saw it I was shocked. They had to install it because I would have to wait a month for the right carpet to come in. Then the second time, the installer (who was condescending and insulting) didn't put enough carpet down to reach the walls in some areas.

Unbeknownst to me, he had filled in the spaces with little pieces of carpet. Because the carpet had a pattern, I didn't find this out until several months later when I had the carpet cleaned. The carpet cleaner asked me if I knew if there were little pieces of carpet installed where the carpet didn't reach the wall. I was furious.

It is a year later, and I am still trying to get Lowe's to replace the carpet the THIRD time!!!! They drag on and on, don't call back when they say they will and stall.

EVERYTHING must be moved everytime the carpet is installed. Wouldn't you think, since they guarantee customer satisfaction that they would be jumping to do this right, and then some???

Rygge, Ostfold, Norway #26244

Which store did you go to? I purchased a carpet from Lowe's in Flanders NJ two and a half weeks ago.

At the time they told me it would take 7-10 days to deliver, and would be installed within 2 weeks. Now they're telling me it will be another 10 days before it gets there. My wife is due to give birth in 2 days.

I was hoping we could have the carpet in before then, but it looks like that is not going to happen. And on top of that, I have to call the furniture store and delay that delivery for the 3rd time.