Hired Lowes as the contractor to build our fence in NC last summer. I sent the lot plan and the HOA requirements to the manager before contract signing.

The manager made a plan based on them and gave me suggestions for material and schedule and quote. After the 1st fence was built for 2 months, I received the notice from the HOA that the materials were incorrect. I called the manager and he said I picked the material so I had to pay for a new fence. I gave up and signed the second contract to rebuild it.

After the 2nd fence was built for 3 months, I received another notice that the fence was built over the property limit! I took out my tape measure and the width of the right side of the fence was built 8.5' even though the lot plan and the plan the manager made was 6.4'. I called the manager again who refused to give me warranty and then elevated it to his supervisor who would rather me suing them than correcting their mistake. So that's what I did and had to hire another contractor to move it.

Don't use Lowes.

They are just a big name but professional for nothing with extremely poor service. Pay more to get a professional or you will end up losing money, time and even respect!

Review about: Lowes Warranty.

Comments