I, recently, purchased a gas stove from Lowes. I paid $36.00 for Lowes to do the installation.

The installers connected the stove to the gas supply, turned on the gas *** and informed me that there was no gas coming out of the line. They departed after that. I had the gas company check the meter. They informed me that gas was coming through the meter.

Following thorough and time consuming investigation, it was discovered that the Lowes installers, in order to adapt their 3/4" supply line to my 1/2" gas *** used a reducer fitting. Problem is the reducer fitting had female FIP threads and the gas *** was a male, flare fitting. In order to make this improper connection, they wrapped the threads with an abundance of Teflon tape and, on top of that, they brushed a bunch of pipe thread sealant on the threads. End result: all that tape and pipe thread sealant clogged up the gas ***.

This is installation work at its absolute worst.

Do not use Lowes installers, under any circumstance!

Review about: Lowes Installation.

Comments

Walnut Creek, California, United States #679392

Your installer does not apply to all...so don't harp on the who do not use Lowes installers, you got a lemon...your installer doesn't install for all 1,000+ Lowes stores