Just before Christmas 2016 I went to Lows and purchased an indoor dwarf palm in a beautiful pot for $50 as a Christmas gift for a close friend. A couple of weeks ago I discovered that the plant had died.

I returned to Lowes and was told that they had to have a receipt, the exact date of purchase and any way it was my fault as the plant had obviously died because it had not been watered properly, which by the way is an insult and a lie because I am an elderly master gardener and it probably died because it had not been properly potted and cared for in the first place, but I kept my mouth shut and just asked to see a manager. After nearly an hour one was found, took one look at the plant told me not to waste her time and turned her back on me and walk away. Which I did and forever. The good news is that I was in Home Depot and happened to mention my story to an assistant, I was immediately taken to a manager and he asked if I still had the plant, which fortunately I did as I was keeping it just for the pot.

I took the pot and dead plant back to the manager and he gave me a $50 Home Depot store credit and allowed me to keep the pot but disposed of the plant for me which I thought was very kind. Richard Haley

Review about: Dwarf Palm Plant.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lowes are liars.

Comments