Cottonwood Mall Lowes, Albuquerque. Employee cut 4 sheets of 1/4" maple hardwood veneer plywood for me.

It was placed the wrong way in the saw - face up, not face down which prevents the cheap blade from chipping the good veneer. Done while I was shopping for paint and of course it chipped out on the good side of the veneer. Other side, tha back side, just fine clean cut as has always been for 35 or so sheets before. I told the employee for future reference to observe the way to place it in the saw.

Then I was told by a nearby employee that there is no "good" side of this plywood. I told him that he was wrong. I took the cut pieces to cash out where the cashier asked did I find everthing I needed. I mentioned what had happened but that I needed the the pw now anyway and would spend some time fixing it.

Cashier agreed with me that it was a mistake and took my cart over to the "pro" desk to show what happened. One of the so-called "pros" insisted that I was not seeing what I was seeing and that I did not know what I actually know about hardwood veeneer plywood having a good side and a not-so-good side. Also insisted that the way it was cut was the only way to cut it with the blade at hand - while standing right there and looking at the clean cut one side and chipped out other side. I told this "pro expert" that if this was the mediochre standard that they insist represents their management, skill and customer service then I would not return to the store.

I said to him that he was making excuses for mediocrity. I paid and took the 4 sheets because I do not want to waste natural resources and also had a deadline. I probably would not have said anything at all to these "pros" except that this one expert provoked me in saying that I did not know what I know and did not see what I was seeing right in front of his eyes. I will not return and fortunately there is a Home Depot about 2 blocks away that I have since checked out.

The Home Depot nearby appears to have capable help without attitude and everything I need.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of hardwood plywood from Lowes. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $300 and wants Lowes to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service received. Author liked the most store organization. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lowes for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments